Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist of Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to create a playlist that contains 10 episodes each of various comedy series. I know that in order to do this I need to create a playlist for each show I want that contains 10 episodes and then combine them in a different playlist. I can do this in a clunky way by putting:

<rule field="playlist" operator="is"><value>XXXXXXX</value></rule>

but I would have to do that for every series and then if I add a new one, I have to add it here instead.

I thought I could get around this by naming all of the playlists with a similar convention and then creating a new one that looks for the naming convention, but I keep getting empty sets. Here is what I have:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name></name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="contains"><value>COMM_</value></rule>
<limit>50</limit>
</smartplaylist>
I have tried both "contains" and "startswith" and neither works. Do those operators not work with playlists? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: So I did it the manual way just to get it working and its not working as intended. The idea is that some shows have more episodes than others, but I want to weight them all equally (so I have an equal chance to get a south park vs silicon valley). Its not working that way though, it doesnt seem to be pulling from the playlist that I made, rather from the tv show directly.

Here is the code I have for the inital playlist:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>comm_South Park</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">
<value>South Park</value>
</rule>
<rule field="lastplayed" operator="notinthelast">
<value>90</value>
</rule>
<limit>1</limit>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
Even though the limit there is 1, there are more than 1 episodes in the playlist of playlists. What am I doing wrong here?