Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help adding extra folders to submenu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys.
im not asking how to add extra folders to the main Movie & TV Shows libraries here.
i need to know how to add links to folders in the Videos submenu.
i dont want them to be scraped.
i have several folders of documentaries, older tv shows, short films etc.
id like them to be just links in the Videos submenu but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it in Kodi v14
i had them on the main menu on older versions.
atm im using the conq skin as it seems simple and easy to navigate.
im sure once i have it figured out on this skin i will be able to customize any new kins the same way.
btw, sorry if this seems obvious to some. and i did also have a good look through this section but couldnt find an obvious answer.
Maybe you can do custom home menu items with those movies and documentaries in them. You can add them with a customizable skin. iirc aeon nox can do this for example. You can add those movies by creating an own custom nfo for them. So they arent scraped online, because they got their info from the file you created, with the info you put in those files...

This might help as well:

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
customize home screen items, yes.
but for example, the skin Conq, i simply cannot seem to add anything to a custom home screen item.
i have created one called Documentaries but cant add anything to it that isnt already in the library. i want it to link straight to a folder of documentaries i have.