Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: way to cancel channel loading if not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, this is a wonderful addon, so thank you to the person/people behind it.

Just was wondering though--would it be possible at some point to implement a cancel button or some kind of way to exit out, when a channel I've clicked on isn't loading? I'm just seeing the "Working...." spinning wheel, and no way to back out gracefully and try a different channel. At the very least, some kind of reasonable timeout would be nice--but a "stop trying" button would be better.

Thanks!
Wouldn't the bigger issue be that you have non-functional channels?
Yes, it is Wink But even if so, does that obviate the need for a graceful way to exit the spinning wheel in case a non-functional channel is discovered?

I have a largish list of channels in an XML file, and occasionally one of them will change addresses, or experience server load, or my own crummy rural internet dies, or what-have-you. It doesn't happen all the time, but it'd still be nice to have some kind of graceful way to stop things if I'm stuck in a loop.
Can you not select another channel while another one is loading? That's possible when tvheadend is used at least, though it could be different for other addons. If so that's something that can't be fixed in the individual addons, it has to be done in Kodi.
No, it seems to freeze up totally--I can't seem to move to another channel. I'm not using any addon other than the IPTV Simple Client.
Might help http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1870329

As far as I know, only happens with RTMP. Actual DVB/HTTP/etc streams do time out nicely after a few seconds and you can continue using Kodi. RTMP doesn't time out, and you need to force quit unless you add that bit in the post above.