Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac Mini 2011 - openelec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've installed openelec on my Mac Mini mid 2011 with help of the usb installer, because my mac mini was too slow with booting under OS Mountain Lion (5 to 10 minutes).
It worked perfect for a few weeks, but since yesterday I've got stuck at the Openelec boot logo with the following message: can't access tty job control turned off.

I'm afraid that my hard drive is broken.... But when I checked the disk with disk utility from the mountain lion usb nothing was wrong.

I don't know how to check if my hard drive is really broken. And what is the best and cheapest replacement (sdd harddrive for a mac mini 2011 in combination with openelec?

thanks
5-10 mins to boot Mountain Lion? That's not usual for a 2011-era Mac. Either your OS X install was borked or there was a hardware fault. I'm not sure Disk Utility will tell you that much about the health of a failing HDD.
(2015-01-04, 15:19)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]5-10 mins to boot Mountain Lion? That's not usual for a 2011-era Mac. Either your OS X install was borked or there was a hardware fault. I'm not sure Disk Utility will tell you that much about the health of a failing HDD.

So I'll have to try a new hdd? and hope that this will fix my problems Smile ?