Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio problem + DTS not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
v14 running on a Chromebox. Connected with HDMI to TV. TV is connected to a Logitech Z-5500 with an optical cable.

Problem 1: I can't get DTS or even dolby digital to work. The Logitech display always displays "PL II Movie", which as far as I understand, basically means it gets a stereo signal and just simulates surround? I've tried both enabling DTS passthrough and disabled. I'll post a photo of the settings later.

Problem 2: On regular audio (not dts/Dolby Digial) the sound is a little distorted. Sounds like the volume is adjusted higher than the sound system can handle, even though i play at low volumes. A little hard to explain... I guess it feels like Kodi outputs the sound at 120% volume. I did not have this issue with XBMC on my Apple TV (on the same tv/sound hardware)
did you set up your passthrough device? Change your settings level to expert, enable passthrough, choose the correct device and enabled those things, which the logitech device is capable of. Uncheck the others!!!

If this doesn't work, please enable debug logging, reboot, play one of those dts files and paste a full Debug Log. Please do it in that order.

Greetings
It might be that your TV does not pass through multi-channel sound to any output. Most TV's don't. For example, my TV only does 5.1 output when it's from the built in ATSC tuner. Anything else external, like a cable box or bluray player, it will only do 2 channel. Check your TV's user manual.

For the other problem, check out the OSD audio and subtitle settings.
Yeah...correct...misread that.

Doesnt the chromebox hasnt an optical out or the logitech a hdmi in?