Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple Remote Volume Issue in Kodi 14.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded to Kodi 14.0 from XBMC 13.2. In XBMC, the first generation Apple remote works great, no issues. In Kodi, everything works except for the volume function. Rather than increasing or decreasing the volume, those keys scan forward or back 10 minutes. I've been looking through the settings thinking that perhaps Kodi has been designed leaning toward the new remote rather than the old, but I haven't found anything yet. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue, and maybe how to resolve it? Cheers, and happy new year to all!
Just remap it for your needs

keymap (wiki)
The default keymap should still control volume during fullscreen video playback. Are you sure you're not using a custom keymap? Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you use the remote?
The keymap program add-on did the trick. I just had to reconfigure a couple of keys to regain the desired functionality. I also picked up a new Apple remote, got tired of losing the little old white one. Thanks guys!
This happens to me from time to time with my Harmony Remote. Usually a reboot fixes the problem, or toggling Input Devices off of Universal (Harmony) and back.