Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Only start next episode automatcally (not movie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. Automatically starting the next episode in XBMC is one of my favorite features for when I'm home alone, bored and possibly hung over, however it also starts the next movie after watching through the credits of movie #1, which in my oppinion makes no sense. Anyway, is there a way to stop XBMC from doing that with movies while keep doing it to episodes? Thanks in advance.
Sure, just disable play next automatically and get the LazyTV add-on. If you use LazyTV you can auto start the next episode, and that will only apply to TV shows.
Or you could use the Context Menu from the first episode you're watching, Choose "Play from Here".
hi I'm new to kodi I'm thinking cause not every one uses a computer explain as if there new to computers I found play from here when I right clicked now every one who uses computers knows how to right click just a thought.Smile
great job works perfect, continuous play for lists in kodi. i love this box
Is there a tag you can add to advancedsettings.xml to have tv shows play next automatically and movies not?
In hopes of helping someone in the future who is looking for the answer to this, I would like to clarify "Play from here" in the context menu.

It isn't immediately clear what "play from here" actually does.

Essentially "Play from here" should read:  "Start playing this list beginning from this video (the one you right-clicked on)".
So if you right-click a video and choose "play from here" it will play the initial video and then go automatically to the next one upon it's completion.

I hope this makes it more understandable for people who are just starting using Kodi.
Kodi 18 has new player / video settings that allow you to set "play next video automatically" by video content type, which I think was what the OP was asking for way back then.

scott s.
(2018-10-23, 20:53)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 18 has new player / video settings that allow you to set "play next video automatically" by video content type, which I think was what the OP was asking for way back then.

scott s.
 Indeed. Awesome, thanks.
When I use the build in "play next episode" it just repeats the same episode over and over, for any TV show.

So I installed LazyTV and I get this error in the LOG.

Try 1
For Seinfeld it showed the next episode overlay, but then I got a script error
https://paste.kodi.tv/ovokoxubow.kodi

Try 2
For better call saul there was no overlay and the script error 
https://paste.kodi.tv/iludahodod.kodi
Mine plays next episode if the order is ascending in the estuary skin but plays the previous epp if its in descending