Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Kodi Windows SMB write problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a tronsmart round box as well as several k-r42/t-r42 boxes. All are running android and kodi 14. I have a Windows Server 2012 SMB share setup for my storage location of music, movies, and tv shows. Also a MySQL backend for syncing library watched status. Most of this setup works without issue until the artwork scrappers and subtitle add-ons go to work. None of these seem to write to the SMB shares. If i set local paths to the android box it seems to work without issue. If i use ES Explorer i can write to the smb share so i don't think it is an android problem. If i use my Windows 8 desktop with Kodi it seems to connect and write just fine. Has anyone gotten this to work. I have had this issue since Frodo then Gotham and now Kodi and cannot seem to find any posts on how to resolve or if it is being worked on by Kodi Devs.
Thanks for the time and great product
Were you ever to find a solution to your problem?

I have an almost identical scenario: Link to my post

I'm starting to put some pieces together, and it seems to be an Android/SMB issue vs an Android/NFS one...

Please let me know