Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
So, as I mentioned above in my reply to loggio I am bringing the progress indicators to the video library too.

Currently they only indicate if a video is unwatched or if it's partly watched. With this update they will also indicate the progress in 10% increments if it's partly watched.

This does pose some new design choices to be made though. In list view things will pretty much look the same, just with the added progress states.

However, in the other views the indicators are placed on the artwork so they need something behind them to keep them "readable". The new indicators need to be a bit bigger here to be useful imo. Simply using the current design make them stand out, maybe a bit too much. (partly watched items would have an orange background color like they have currently, just haven't that coded in here yet)

Another option would be to use a dark outline behind the icon which would make it a bit more consistent with the list view, but is maybe a bit less "glanceable". But it does look calmer I think.

Anyway, as I always have trouble making my mind about these indicators I would like to hear some opinions.

Be sure to click the images though as watching them fullscreen will give a better impression.
Using 2.0 RC7 and have noticed an issue with the volume progress bar.
Maybe its by design but in the first 0-10% and last 90-100% of the progress bar, the "dot" stops moving and doesn't reach the end points.
I'll try and grab a screenshot this evening.

+1
I like the first one. Colour coded and easy to understand. Look like they're meant to be there...

Second one looks like a blemish... Out of place.
Like the idea to use the indicators for the video library as well.
Also hard making upp my mind which i prefer think I need to try it out live Smile

Anyway great work as always!
I like the first one.
+1
hi jereon, i finally updated to helix and updated refocus and the same issue is there that i posted about here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1879144

If you ever get time/interest to look into this it would be great, thanks
(2015-01-28, 12:36)navanman Wrote: [ -> ]Using 2.0 RC7 and have noticed an issue with the volume progress bar.
Maybe its by design but in the first 0-10% and last 90-100% of the progress bar, the "dot" stops moving and doesn't reach the end points.
I'll try and grab a screenshot this evening.

It's because I am using a "slider" control here instead of a "progressbar" control which is used in Confluence for example. It makes way more sense to me to use a slider control here. In no way does volume level indicate any type of progress, and other dialogs that perform a similar function (in the sense of adjusting something) use a slider control too (for example the subtitle offset dialog or audio offset dialog).

The progress control however allows to set textures for the left, middle and right of the bar, whereas the slider control does not. If that was possible I could make the dot move further (well, make it appear it does).

You strike a good point though, I'll see if I can come up with a solution or maybe submit a feature request to the Kodi team as I do believe it makes sense.

Cheers

(2015-01-28, 22:38)kaiseruk Wrote: [ -> ]hi jereon, i finally updated to helix and updated refocus and the same issue is there that i posted about here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1879144

If you ever get time/interest to look into this it would be great, thanks

Oops, I kind of forgot about that one. It will be fixed in the next update, thanks for reminding me Smile

Now on to some bad news. I have decided not to bring the new progress indicators to the video library. At least for now.

The problem is that the data provided by Kodi I use to set the various icon states displays the percentage of a certain video that is played, regardless of whether the video is watched or unwatched. So a video you have already watched (or set to watched through the context menu) and start watching again, would display an icon saying it's (for example) 20% watched. And because the primary function here needs to be showing you whether you have watched a video already or not, this is a problem. In views other than list view I am able to combine the two variables because of the color coding, in list view however I am not. And I don't want the color coding in the list view.

I hope I was able to explain that properly. Maybe I'll revisit and rethink this in the future but for now I really want to get a stable release out.
Hi Jeroen,

Was just mucking around with WMC PVR plugin.

Noticed your RecordPrefs.xml needs:
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>1</onright>

After all buttons. cannot select OK via remote/keyboard otherwise.
Might be a good idea to add it to DeleteTimer.xml for consistency also.
(2015-01-28, 08:39)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]I did notice something that doesn't quite look right.
when TV is recording, bring up OSD player controls,You'll see the record button is highlighted in black to indicate its "selected"
perhaps when you select this button it should light up red... Looks weird otherwise, when you try to hover over it to "deselect" it, you cannot tell differentiate between a selection and a "hover" in this case.

Turns out I actually already had textures in place for it, but just wasn't using them in the code... Tongue

(2015-01-29, 12:02)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen,

Was just mucking around with WMC PVR plugin.

Noticed your RecordPrefs.xml needs:
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>1</onright>

After all buttons. cannot select OK via remote/keyboard otherwise.
Might be a good idea to add it to DeleteTimer.xml for consistency also.

Fixed this for the next update as well.

Cheers
I think I've spotted another bug with RC7.
On the home screen, the submenu for unwatched movies and TV shows doesn't work. It brings you to a library list of video, movies, tv shows, etc.
(2015-01-29, 16:38)navanman Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've spotted another bug with RC7.
On the home screen, the submenu for unwatched movies and TV shows doesn't work. It brings you to a library list of video, movies, tv shows, etc.

Confirmed. And upon investigating this I found several other entries missing from the home menu customization dialog. This is the second time things have gone missing from the configuration window. The reason is either a bug in the skin shortcuts add-on or due to some change(s) in Helix that make certain features of that add-on incompatible. Unfortunately the creator of the add-on decided to leave the community a while ago so I can't consult him. It is also very unclear who, if anyone, is going to actively maintain the add-on.

On top of that I am doing way more custom stuff with this add-on in reFocus than any other skin that uses it, and quite a lot of stuff was implemented upon my request so I am probably the only skin developer facing this problem.

I can "solve" this isssue, but that means having a (imo) less organized customization dialog. I will solve it of course, but it's not the way I would want it.

Thanks for reporting
Hey, a quick question:

I want to remove all fan art that I don't like, there are a lot of them that are awful. How can I do this? My idea would be to download extra fanart and delete all that I don't like. Does refocus use one of the extra fanart when I delete the fanart image file?

Another way would be to have the option to use extra fanart instead of regular fanart. Then you could just download a bunch of them via the artwork downloaded and delete the unwanted.

What do you say?
(2015-01-29, 17:56)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-29, 16:38)navanman Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've spotted another bug with RC7.

Confirmed. And upon investigating this I found several other entries missing from the home menu customization dialog. This is the second time things have gone missing from the configuration window. The reason is either a bug in the skin shortcuts add-on or due to some change(s) in Helix that make certain features of that add-on incompatible. Unfortunately the creator of the add-on decided to leave the community a while ago so I can't consult him. It is also very unclear who, if anyone, is going to actively maintain the add-on.

I upgraded from Gotham & Refocus 1.4 yesterday and these submenu customisations were working correctly in that release so maybe its a Helix related issue...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32