Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2015-01-29, 19:12)Namekkural Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, a quick question:

I want to remove all fan art that I don't like, there are a lot of them that are awful. How can I do this? My idea would be to download extra fanart and delete all that I don't like. Does refocus use one of the extra fanart when I delete the fanart image file?

Another way would be to have the option to use extra fanart instead of regular fanart. Then you could just download a bunch of them via the artwork downloaded and delete the unwanted.

What do you say?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I don't think it's anything reFocus specific. By default I believe Kodi packs all fanart and other artwork in some sort of compressed texture file. You could use artwork downloader and set it to use local files (there's an option for this in the settings of artwork downloader). You can also set the maximum number of files per movie to be downloaded. That way I guess you can pick your favourite.

(2015-01-29, 19:23)navanman Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded from Gotham & Refocus 1.4 yesterday and these submenu customisations were working correctly in that release so maybe its a Helix related issue...

Yeah, it was deifinitely working there. There haven't been any big changes to the add-on since the author left, and I haven't made any changes to the reFocus code that deals with this so the problem has to be
introduced by Helix or an incompatible change with the add-on.
(2015-01-30, 02:18)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I don't think it's anything reFocus specific. By default I believe Kodi packs all fanart and other artwork in some sort of compressed texture file. You could use artwork downloader and set it to use local files (there's an option for this in the settings of artwork downloader). You can also set the maximum number of files per movie to be downloaded. That way I guess you can pick your favourite.

I am using Artwork Downloader and have it set to use local files. Artwork downloader lets me specify some things about EXTRAfanart but not regular Fanart. The standard Art displayed in reFocus is (as far as I know) the standard Fanart. So my question is: What happens if I delete the standard fanart and all extrafanart that I don't like? Will refocus automatically use the available extrafanart?
Or maybe you're right and Kodi does all this stuff, not reFocus. But how does Kodi know that Artwork Downloader is set to use local files? Anyone here who can explain how this works?
reFocus 2.0.8 preview release available

Another preview build as there have been more changes since the last build than originally expected / planned.

Most changes are PVR related, but as sometimes code is shared between various windows, they can affect other parts of the skin too. I don't have time to list them all, but most of them have to do with the new progress indicators in the PVR. Apart from that small tweaks here and there, code cleaning, bugfixes and hopefully not too many new bugs Wink

Get it through the repo add-on.
No menu on homescreen (vertical or horizontal) Kodi 14.1/Windows
disregard... skin shortcuts was not installed.
Just updated, progress/recording indicators looks fine but watched indicators in recordings view are gone!
thanks for update

Noticed one bug in the pvr. In the timers menu, if you click on any timer, the pop up window is blank apart the ok and cancel buttons and a radio button.
(2015-02-02, 18:36)lednurb Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated, progress/recording indicators looks fine but watched indicators in recordings view are gone!

(2015-02-02, 22:46)kaiseruk Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for update

Noticed one bug in the pvr. In the timers menu, if you click on any timer, the pop up window is blank apart the ok and cancel buttons and a radio button.

Just pushed a small update through the add-on fixing these and a couple of other bugs. Cheers for reporting!
Sorry for pestering you over what are small bugs!

Using latest PR 3 and skin shortcuts in Movies for Unwatched and Trailers are still broken.
If you edit the submenu the custom action is wrong I think? Its pointing to your (User/Joreon) library path?

Thanks for all the updates so far

Edit: Trailers issue may be my problem
(2015-02-04, 21:53)navanman Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for pestering you over what are small bugs!

Using latest PR 3 and skin shortcuts in Movies for Unwatched and Trailers are still broken.
If you edit the submenu the custom action is wrong I think? Its pointing to your (User/Joreon) library path?

Thanks for all the updates so far

The entry you already have there will not automatically be changed / updated unfortunately. You're going to have to re-set the shortcut by choosing Choose shortcut->Video->Movies->Unwatched Then the correct path will be used. You can also choose to use the reset shortcuts button and it will pull in the correct paths/ Any changes you have made will have to be be redone in that case though.
Hey!

I've been holding off on moving to Kodi for a while now, as everything was working nicely in Gotham... however last night I tried to watch a tv show and it couldn't play the video (only the audio), so I figured it was time to update.

I ran the Kodi installer, it all went fine, moved my libraries etc. And it initially started up showing reFocus, it looked like it was all working as it did, except it could now play that video file.

And then it disabled reFocus due to it not being compatible.

Then I tried installing your repository, which installed fine, but shows no skin anywhere.

So I downloaded the kodi skin directly from github and tried installing it from the zip. It said it was all fine, asked if I wanted to switch to the skin... then it tried for a bit, and said 'fail to load some files' or something similar, and failed. The log file only says:

07:48:05 T:4716 ERROR: failed to load requested skin 'skin.refocus'
07:48:05 T:4716 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture button_middle_focus.png

I'm not sure what the issue is... I'm guessing I could kill the install entirely and start from scratch, but I'm worried that some plugins like Pandora and my Australian catch up tv video plugins might not work...

Any ideas?
OK... I should have fiddled more before posting!

All fixed.

I found reFocus in 'disabled' add-ons. I uninstalled it from there. That didn't really help. Then I went to the Kodi folder and searched for anything with 'refocus' in the name, and deleted some cached versions of the skin.

Restarted kodi, and then could install reFocus from the repository.

Now it works as it did, and still has my reFocus settings for the homeScreen etc. So I'm very happy Smile
Glad you got it working, my Gotham to Helix transition wasn't without a couple of hurdles either Smile

If you don't see (a new version of) reFocus in the repository right away, you can try using "force refresh" by using the context menu when hovered on my repository in the add-on browser. The repo will appear completely empty for a minute or so, but after that it should be all updated.

not sure what the texture warning is about, it's not a reFocus texture in any case.

Anyway, doesn't matter Smile
Can't seem to get the fanart background slideshow to work. I go to system, settings, refocus, homescreen, use slideshow of your fanart, select movies&tv-shows and apply. Refocus reloads, but still gives me the background image with the chair and tv. Before, if there was no fanart available, it went to black screen. So that can't be the problem? Lots of stuff in my library anyway.

Also, the watched indicators are gone. There's no place to turn those on and off?
(2015-02-05, 22:39)bo1e Wrote: [ -> ]Can't seem to get the fanart background slideshow to work. I go to system, settings, refocus, homescreen, use slideshow of your fanart, select movies&tv-shows and apply. Refocus reloads, but still gives me the background image with the chair and tv. Before, if there was no fanart available, it went to black screen. So that can't be the problem? Lots of stuff in my library anyway.

I can't reproduce this. The code handling the fanart slideshow hasn't been changed in months, so if it was working before it should now Smile Please check if the required version of script.grab.fanart is installed on your system.

Quote:Also, the watched indicators are gone. There's no place to turn those on and off?
skin settings->view settings
Fanart slideshow started working after two restarts of the whole system.

I only find settings for unwatched indicator, not watched. Used to only watched items getting flagged.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32