Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
My bad, should have worded that differently. Basically most of the widgets use preconfigured playlists as their source for data. So I need to know how many entries you have in the widget you chose.

Also, does this happen with all of the widgets?
Another thing I'd like you to try. Can you:

- Place this file into the skin.refocus/720 folder. (make a backup of the original)
- Restart Kodi
- Reset Shortcuts in the home menu customization dialog
- Remove the recently added movies widget and then re-add it again
- Press ok and wait for the menu to rebuild

I edited the xml so that the recently added movies widget now uses the "native" Kodi path instead of the one provided by the Library Data Provider add-on. I am wondering if that has any effect on performance. Not meant as a solution but as a way to try and narrow the problem down.
Thanks for the input sofar.

I am using "Recently added" for both Movies and TV-Shows. I am not using widgets for other menu options.

It seems like the IncludesHome.xml fixed the issue for Movies. It now only takes about 3-4seconds for Movies which is acceptable. And yeah like you said, Movies only, TV-shows is still slow.

My library is about 4500 Movies and over 15.000 TV episodes. Maybe that is why i'm the only one hitting this issue?
Picture more than 1000 words bla bla: http://youtu.be/yEivKwgKIgY
(2015-02-14, 18:36)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the input sofar.

I am using "Recently added" for both Movies and TV-Shows. I am not using widgets for other menu options.

Yes, but knowing if the problem is limited to certain widgets, including ones you usually don't use, might narrow the problem down. But for now, considering the results with the edited IncludesHome.xml file I think it's safe to say the problem lies somewhere in the Library Data Provider add-on. Three to four seconds is still too slow for my taste though.

Quote:It seems like the IncludesHome.xml fixed the issue for Movies. It now only takes about 3-4seconds for Movies which is acceptable. TV-shows is still slow though.
Correct, I only made adjustments to the way recent movies is loaded.

Could you repeat the test with another edited file? This one uses the Library Data Provider add-on again but I removed a property from it. This I believe will stop the widget from automatically reloading it's content. Which is not something you would want of course, but knowing if this speeds up the widget loading or maybe even slow it down further is good to know.

Quote:My library is about 4500 Movies and over 15.000 TV episodes. Maybe that is why i'm the only one hitting this issue?
Possibly. That's why I want to know how many movies are in recently added movies widget for you. Using the native Kodi path (the one used in the first edited xml file) I believe it is always limited to 20 items. I'm not sure about the Library Data Provider, but it definitely is more than 20. If the limit is really high, or maybe not limited at all, then I can definitely imagine this being a factor yes. I'll have to consult BigNoiD (developer of the Library Data Provider add-on) about this.

I don't think there's a way (yet) in the skinning engine to limit the amount at skin level.
Thanks!

I have never seen the Recently Added widget display more than 20 or 25 entries.

The 3-4 seconds may be because the MySQL db is very large and it is accessed over the internet, not local LAN (i have multiple viewers with thier own db) so i wouldn't look into those few seconds too much. It also takes 2-3 seconds with Refocus 1.3.3.

What is exactly the upside for using Library Data Provider? I don't see much of a difference in result when comparing the skin to 1.3.3
I would be perfectly happy with the "old fashioned way" Smile

I have tried the new edited file. The problem is back and i don't notice any improvement whatsoever.
Can i contact you somewhere? IRC or something? If i can trust you i can give you access to the mysql db so you can test it yourself.
(2015-02-12, 10:49)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 19:55)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]jingai did it with Metropolis, maybe this could help you?:
https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/comm...3d0e730082

I stand corrected, seems like it's possible indeed Smile I'll look into it.

Quote:I did, so far the bug didn't occur again. Smile
Great Smile

(2015-02-11, 21:36)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen,

Noticed there's an overlap in some text

Go to video files and set the content of a folder to ''movies" you will see the text at the bottom overlapping the check box on one of the selections.

This might occur to other sections of that window as well...haven't looked properly.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Loggio

I'm not seeing it Huh

Change for too Unicode and check again.
(2015-02-14, 21:51)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 10:49)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-11, 19:55)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]jingai did it with Metropolis, maybe this could help you?:
https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis/comm...3d0e730082

I stand corrected, seems like it's possible indeed Smile I'll look into it.

Quote:I did, so far the bug didn't occur again. Smile
Great Smile

(2015-02-11, 21:36)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen,

Noticed there's an overlap in some text

Go to video files and set the content of a folder to ''movies" you will see the text at the bottom overlapping the check box on one of the selections.

This might occur to other sections of that window as well...haven't looked properly.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Loggio

I'm not seeing it Huh

Change font to Unicode and check again.
(2015-02-14, 19:30)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

The 3-4 seconds may be because the MySQL db is very large and it is accessed over the internet, not local LAN (i have multiple viewers with thier own db) so i wouldn't look into those few seconds too much. It also takes 2-3 seconds with Refocus 1.3.3.

What is exactly the upside for using Library Data Provider? I don't see much of a difference in result when comparing the skin to 1.3.3

I have tried the new edited file. The problem is back and i don't notice any improvement whatsoever.
Can i contact you somewhere? IRC or something? If i can trust you i can give you access to the mysql db so you can test it yourself.

That's ok, I don't think there's a true solution at the moment. I will check with BigNoID if there's any way to speed this up, or to limit the query to a certain number of items. I believe work is being done on the Kodi side of things to limit any dynamic list content at skin level. So when that comes I'll probably set the widgets to a sane limit.

So until that time arrives I'm afraid there's no real resolution other than using an edited IncludesHome.xml file. I uploaded one here. I only changed recently added movies and recenty added episodes as those are the ones you use.

The upside of using Library Data Provider, in the case of movies, is limited. In the case of episodes though it provides infolabels that Kodi does not (at least not outside of the library windows). I'm not able to show the season number for in progress shows without it for example And I think there's differences in how fast/often the content is updated.

The fact that it's not going over LAN and the size of the library of course are a factor here.

edit: I actually just noticed LDP already has an option to limit the number of items fetched from the database in the add-on's options. But the default is already set to 20.
(2015-02-14, 21:52)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Change font to Unicode and check again.

I see, will make the window a bit wider.
Would it be possible to have an option to have the first letter of the things like the "working..." capitalized?
(2015-02-15, 01:46)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-14, 19:30)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

That's ok, I don't think there's a true solution at the moment. I will check with BigNoID if there's any way to speed this up, or to limit the query to a certain number of items. I believe work is being done on the Kodi side of things to limit any dynamic list content at skin level. So when that comes I'll probably set the widgets to a sane limit.

So until that time arrives I'm afraid there's no real resolution other than using an edited IncludesHome.xml file. I uploaded one here. I only changed recently added movies and recenty added episodes as those are the ones you use.

The upside of using Library Data Provider, in the case of movies, is limited. In the case of episodes though it provides infolabels that Kodi does not (at least not outside of the library windows). I'm not able to show the season number for in progress shows without it for example And I think there's differences in how fast/often the content is updated.

The fact that it's not going over LAN and the size of the library of course are a factor here.

edit: I actually just noticed LDP already has an option to limit the number of items fetched from the database in the add-on's options. But the default is already set to 20.

Awesome Jeroen. Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this specific issue and changing the IncludesHome file. Me and 20 other users will continue using Refocus on 2015! Smile
(2015-02-15, 05:10)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to have an option to have the first letter of the things like the "working..." capitalized?
No, not easily. If you'd like to change it, open Font.xml, and look for the font declaration titled "title_Window"

PHP Code:
<font>
    <
name>light_Window</name>
    <
filename>Default/Light.ttf</filename>
    <
size>48</size>
    <
style>lowercase</style>
</
font

And remove the <style>lowercase</style> part.

(2015-02-15, 11:34)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Jeroen. Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this specific issue and changing the IncludesHome file. Me and 20 other users will continue using Refocus on 2015! Smile
You're welcome, thanks for testing some stuff out. Hopefully this will be able to get improved in the future. I am interested to hear if you run into any issues using the method used in the modded file. Like if everything is getting updated quickly for example.
Is it possible to set thumbnails to video smart playlists? I have playlists set up for different things such as tv networks but looks a bit dull without an image. Would look great if it was possible to asign a picture.

Currently looks like

http://i.imgur.com/fjmrK0W.png

Having a picture file with the same name as playlist doesnt seem to work.

It seems like music playlists support thumbnails but video smart playlists dont
So i've been busy moving my Kodi environment to Kodi + Refocus2 and i am wondering about the following things:

1: Almost all text is in CAPS which looks very screaming. The menu for example. How can i change it to lower case?

2: Is there a way to disable the Refocus splash screen? EDIT: Fixed by removing Startup.xml
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32