Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

I though Confluence showed a plot summary in the OSD. ? Well, there it is. Thanks for helping again.
(2015-02-28, 19:19)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]I though Confluence showed a plot summary in the OSD. ? Well, there it is. Thanks for helping again.

Hm, it seems it was removed, for non-pvr related videos too.

Sadly it seems there's no plot information available for recordings in the OSD. I think the best thing to do is to submit a feature request on Trac, and/or in the PVR forum. Apart from the plot I would think it makes sense to have the channel name and the date abvailable too.

I could submit the feature request too, but I think actual PVR users will be able to make "a better pitch" Smile

And of course if someone can prove me wrong by referring to a back-end / skin combo that does show the plot in the OSD for recordings, please do Smile
Little progress update.

So I've brought over the preliminary extended info design to the "traditional" info screens.

Originally I had planned to (optionally) replace the entire information screens with extended info screens. But I think I will integrate extended info into the traditional info screens where possible. You'll still be able to turn sections on and off though. Not completely sure about the exact approach though. The extended info screens will be used on home screen widgets for example, as I can't use the traditional screens there.

And also utilising the extended info add-on, a youtube search function for the selected item through the context menu:

(2015-02-26, 17:51)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]I'm way out of my league here but the 2.09 version on github shows version 2.08.
Is that the reason it wont show up in the repo? No need to waste time explaining if I'm wrong Smile
2.09 fixes the unwatched indicator position on non focused items in gallery view, but it reverted back to 2.08rc2. So i changed the version myself.

Just found out why you're not seeing anything. I got a confirmation from the devs a couple of days ago that reFocus 2.0.9 was pushed to the Kodi repo. But I noticed this morning I am not seeing it in the add-on browser. I've been in contact with the devs and something seemed to have gone wrong with packaging the new version.

Under investigation, will let you know when it's available.
(2015-03-01, 09:06)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-28, 19:19)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]I though Confluence showed a plot summary in the OSD. ? Well, there it is. Thanks for helping again.

Hm, it seems it was removed, for non-pvr related videos too.

Sadly it seems there's no plot information available for recordings in the OSD. I think the best thing to do is to submit a feature request on Trac, and/or in the PVR forum. Apart from the plot I would think it makes sense to have the channel name and the date abvailable too.

I could submit the feature request too, but I think actual PVR users will be able to make "a better pitch" Smile

And of course if someone can prove me wrong by referring to a back-end / skin combo that does show the plot in the OSD for recordings, please do Smile

That's disappointing. Sad It seemed odd to me that it displayed the plot in the list but not the OSD. Thanks for trying. Nice work on the extended info by the way. What does it look like for movie info?
(2015-03-01, 19:58)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]That's disappointing. Sad It seemed odd to me that it displayed the plot in the list but not the OSD. Thanks for trying.

Well, in itself that isn't too odd as the infolabels for playing items are different ones than you see in the library anyway. Lots of info isn't available for playing items even though that information is available when browsing the library. I definitely feel the plot is an essential piece of info that should be available for recordings though. But with so many backends maybe it's just not a very trivial thing to do in Kodi.

Quote:Nice work on the extended info by the way. What does it look like for movie info?

Pretty much the same layout as tv shows. The plan is to do this for music artists too. For actors there will probably be more differences as there's no true fanart support for that.
Thanks for fixing the FXX problem.
Hi! Awesome skin really. Is it possible to have the home menu like: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=184160 ?
Just the text no bakground colour...
(2015-03-02, 11:01)metalic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Awesome skin really. Is it possible to have the home menu like: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=184160 ?
Just the text no bakground colour...

Thanks. Not possible to do properly for many reasons, that menu is completely different in the way it works. So it's not something I will be adding / changing sorry.
I don't know if this has been asked earlier, but I have searched the settings, forum and couldn't find it.

First of all, great skin and great job. After the upgrade to Helix I only used this skin and still haven't tried another one (that's a good sign Wink)

The only thing I want is to set a different image for every Home menu item, so for example a specific kids image for the 'Kids movies' menu item. Is this possible and if the answer is yes, how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
(2015-03-02, 13:32)Jarun Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this has been asked earlier, but I have searched the settings, forum and couldn't find it.

First of all, great skin and great job. After the upgrade to Helix I only used this skin and still haven't tried another one (that's a good sign Wink)

The only thing I want is to set a different image for every Home menu item, so for example a specific kids image for the 'Kids movies' menu item. Is this possible and if the answer is yes, how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Have a look here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218059

I am planning to do some optimizing to the background options at some point. If might consider adding this in by default. But that is no guarantee.

But the method above shouldn't be too hard to do.
Is it possible for the info screen for a tv episode to have a link back to the show itself? Recently added episodes is what i use to view tv episodes (one of things i love about kodi) and rarely venture into tv shows itself (have a large library). If I see theres a new episode 5 of tv show ABC added, i might think i need to see episode 4 first. I wish i could click on the info screen for episode 5 and be able quickly go to that tv show's season folders to access episode 4.

I posted before in the feature requests section before unfortunately got no replies

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208650
Great skin! Anyway of removing the splash screen?
(2015-03-02, 22:10)kaiseruk Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible for the info screen for a tv episode to have a link back to the show itself? Recently added episodes is what i use to view tv episodes (one of things i love about kodi) and rarely venture into tv shows itself (have a large library). If I see theres a new episode 5 of tv show ABC added, i might think i need to see episode 4 first. I wish i could click on the info screen for episode 5 and be able quickly go to that tv show's season folders to access episode 4.

I posted before in the feature requests section before unfortunately got no replies

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208650

I don't think that's possible. If I could somehow get the episode's parent item's database ID (so the season or show) then maybe I could "reconstruct" a path but there's no way to do this at skin level.

But it's a good idea actually. I'll keep it in mind in case any possibilities open up for this. I suggest you check out the watchlist feature though. Like you I don't go into tv shows a lot because the watchlist just serves me the first unwatched episode of the shows I'm following. It's an underrated feature I think Smile

(2015-03-02, 22:16)Deeco Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin! Anyway of removing the splash screen?

No, the startup screen is not there just to show a logo, several pre-startup checks are done which are important to the proper functioning of skin features.
(2015-02-27, 02:00)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-26, 23:05)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen. I know you mentioned before that you didn't have immediate plans for a 1080 version of the skin, but do you foresee this at some point in the future? I was using the BryanBrazil 1080 version while waiting for your Helix update and it's extremely crisp compared to the 720 versions. Thanks again for all of your work. Best skin by a mile.

Eventually, yes. I was actually planning to do this for the Helix version, but Helix came sooner than I expected and the PVR stuff was more work than I expected so it kind of got sidetracked. To be honest I don't see a whole lot of difference either on my TV or my 2560*1440 computer screen, but I guess that's just me Smile But anyway yes it will happen, I just don't know when. It's just a lot of work. And it's boring work Wink

Great! I'm surprised that both you and bryanbrazil don't notice much difference. What solidified it for me was when my wife mentioned "something is different...this is much sharper than before". She has a keen eye though, but I also notice the aliased look to everything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32