Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2015-04-02, 17:19)felixxx999 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, it's probably me but:

How do I change the background back to the modern furniture we had in the past? Right now it's the Kodi logo in clouds. I liked the old art instead? Do I have the wrong version installed?

It was replaced. Download the old one here, rename it to kodi.jpg and place it in the /backgrounds/defaults folder

(2015-04-02, 17:26)Jhag Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! At first, for me its the best Skin ever. Thanks for the incerdible work.
But one thing would make it perfect for me. Is It possible to have an random widget for series and films?

Thanks in advance, Jhag

Already possible by creating a random smart playlist and adding that as a widget.

(2015-04-03, 21:38)twelvebore Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having some problems with the ordering of lists by title. Ascending and descending seem to be reversed from my expectations (which are ascending means A->Z, descending means Z->A) . Here's ascending order:

The same collection in Confluence sorts from A->Z in ascending title.

EDIT: it seems to be happening for music tracks too.

The button's label indicates what it is currently set to, not what clicking it will change it to.

(2015-04-04, 09:40)Kolabor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 18:26)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-23, 16:44)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option to automatically scroll the title of a selected item? Some of my media titles are long and in some views, all items shows the same beginning part of the title text.
Uhm, it should already but maybe there's a content type/viewtype combination I overlooked. Can you tell me which view?

Item descriptions in Settings aren't scrolling and also Submenu items in Horizontal Menu on Home screen.

I see, will put that on my list. Although particularly in settings I would prefer preventing having to scroll to begin with. Maybe by shorter descriptions and/or wider more available space.

(2015-04-05, 22:15)VonMaterhorn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 18:26)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-25, 05:08)VonMaterhorn Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen, how would I go about enabling "Big list" option (like in Confluence) under the "Files" view screen?

Thanks in advance!

You would have to mod it in as it is not available in files mode. reFocus is a library oriented skin and personally I don't think files mode benefits much from that viewtype due to the lack of metadata to show.

My argument for use of big list under "Files" mode is when you're dealing with long file name home movies or saved youtube clips, or anything else that doesn't have meta data or fall under the normal "TV Shows" or "Movies" category. I'm much more interested in showing long file names than metadata.

If you can point me to the right place in the skin folder, I would like to try to mod it myself by changing parameters of an existing list view. I would very much appreciate that. This skin you've made is by far the most attractive thing I've used in my search for media center UI so I really want to make this last part work.

Thanks in advance.

I see. Well, there's a couple of files you'll need to look into. From the top of my head, sorry if I forget one:

ViewList.xml - The actual container for the viewtype. Look for the big list include.
Menu.xml - This is where everything you see in the options menu / sidebar is defined. So you'll need to add the conditions needed to make the viewtype show up in the menu when you're in files mode.
MyVideoNav.xml - If you're going to add any view, you'll need to include it in between the <views> tags
Includes.xml - probably for includes used in the viewtype's container
(2015-04-06, 13:12)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-03, 21:38)twelvebore Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having some problems with the ordering of lists by title. Ascending and descending seem to be reversed from my expectations (which are ascending means A->Z, descending means Z->A) . Here's ascending order:

The same collection in Confluence sorts from A->Z in ascending title.

EDIT: it seems to be happening for music tracks too.

The button's label indicates what it is currently set to, not what clicking it will change it to.

Right, it's set to ascending (A->Z) and it's actually sorting descending (Z->A, I comes after H).

Here's how Confluence sorts the same movies in ascending:

(2015-03-22, 23:28)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

would it be possible to get rid of the small weather indicator on top right (next to time/date)? I'm not using any weather service but it still shows a cloud icon. Would be nice if i could disable that too. Thanks!

This is what i mean:

Any chance to disable that cloud icon?
Very strange, it's behaving as expected for me:

Will have to investigate when I have more time.
(2015-04-06, 13:48)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Will have to investigate when I have more time.

Thanks! Superb skin by the way, lovely and clean!
(2015-04-06, 13:12)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 17:26)Jhag Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! At first, for me its the best Skin ever. Thanks for the incerdible work.
But one thing would make it perfect for me. Is It possible to have an random widget for series and films?

Thanks in advance, Jhag

Already possible by creating a random smart playlist and adding that as a widget.

Wow, worked like a charm!

Many thanks, Jhag
Hi All,

First I would like to say that I love this excellent skin.

Few issues/comments:

- There seems to be an issue with the slideshow fanart on home screen for Movies & TV Shows. When there are only TV Shows in library the slideshow works perfectly showing all tv shows backgrounds but when adding Movies to library the slideshow background seems to be 'stuck' on a single movie background image, no further images are displayed. TV shows backgrounds slides ok till it gets to a movie background and then gets 'stuck' on that movie background.

- Is it possible to show the player buttons and info in the bottom (more similar to Confluence skin)?

- Is it possible update the menu buttons background to more transparent look?

Thanks again for the good work and this amazing skin.
(2015-04-06, 13:48)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-22, 23:28)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

would it be possible to get rid of the small weather indicator on top right (next to time/date)? I'm not using any weather service but it still shows a cloud icon. Would be nice if i could disable that too. Thanks!

This is what i mean:

Any chance to disable that cloud icon?

If you remove or rename the /skin.refocus/media/weather/small/ folder they will stop showing, no plans to provide an option for it sorry

(2015-04-08, 10:33)Ilay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

First I would like to say that I love this excellent skin.

Few issues/comments:

- There seems to be an issue with the slideshow fanart on home screen for Movies & TV Shows. When there are only TV Shows in library the slideshow works perfectly showing all tv shows backgrounds but when adding Movies to library the slideshow background seems to be 'stuck' on a single movie background image, no further images are displayed. TV shows backgrounds slides ok till it gets to a movie background and then gets 'stuck' on that movie background.

I noticed that too a while ago when I was setting up a new device. Eventually it just started working normally Huh It would seem to be an issue with the Fanart Grabber add-on as there have been no changes on the skin side that could have caused a change here. I notice there's a new version available (14.1) of that script. You could try that one out and see if that makes a difference.

Quote:- Is it possible to show the player buttons and info in the bottom (more similar to Confluence skin)?
Possible yes, but I feel the OSD info and OSD controls are two different things.

Quote:- Is it possible update the menu buttons background to more transparent look?
Which buttons in what menu? Though the answer will probably be possible, but... Wink
(2015-04-09, 23:30)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Which buttons in what menu? Though the answer will probably be possible, but... Wink

I mean for the main menu, instead of the blue ones...
(2015-04-10, 09:21)Ilay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-09, 23:30)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Which buttons in what menu? Though the answer will probably be possible, but... Wink

I mean for the main menu, instead of the blue ones...

I have no intention of changing this, and when using widgets it won't even make a difference as there's nothing behind the buttons but black screen, but it should be a simple edit by changing the .png references in HomeMenu.xml:

PHP Code:
<texture background="true">colorize/95.png</texture

The png name refers to the opacity level. You can change them to these possible values: 25,30,40,50,60,70,75,80,90,95 or 100. Or change it to anything else if you want full transparency.
(2015-03-01, 11:29)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Little progress update.

So I've brought over the preliminary extended info design to the "traditional" info screens.

Originally I had planned to (optionally) replace the entire information screens with extended info screens. But I think I will integrate extended info into the traditional info screens where possible. You'll still be able to turn sections on and off though. Not completely sure about the exact approach though. The extended info screens will be used on home screen widgets for example, as I can't use the traditional screens there.

And also utilising the extended info add-on, a youtube search function for the selected item through the context menu:

Hi Jeroen,
Any idea when we can get these options?
(2015-04-10, 22:03)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-10, 09:21)Ilay Wrote: [ -> ]I mean for the main menu, instead of the blue ones...

I have no intention of changing this, and when using widgets it won't even make a difference as there's nothing behind the buttons but black screen

Hey Jeroen,
What do you mean by "when using widgets it won't even make a difference as there's nothing behind the buttons but black screen"?
BTW, can't wait for the extended info, looks great! Smile
Can anyone tell me if this skin supports Genre artwork? The one thing that's stopping me switching away from Amber is the fact that i use the files view for my movies and have folder.jpg's set in each of my genre folders.. i like how it looks.

I would switch to using the Movie library if the genre's were displayed nicely instead of just a list or blank icons (in fanart view)..
Sorry if this has been asked before.
I have a question about the video info OSD:
As soon as i move the mouse, the info OSD vanishes, so there is no way to use the seek bar to jump to a certain position in the video. Is this inteded?
(2015-04-11, 08:23)PSpaan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen,
Any idea when we can get these options?
See below

(2015-04-11, 09:26)Ilay Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jeroen,
What do you mean by "when using widgets it won't even make a difference as there's nothing behind the buttons but black screen"?
BTW, can't wait for the extended info, looks great! Smile
When widgets are enabled, the widgets reside beside the home menu. So in that case, there is nothing behind the menu. Making the menu transparent would therefore result in n empty, black part of the screen showing.

(2015-04-13, 10:04)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me if this skin supports Genre artwork? The one thing that's stopping me switching away from Amber is the fact that i use the files view for my movies and have folder.jpg's set in each of my genre folders.. i like how it looks.
There is no support for genre artwork.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32