Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Hello everyone,

I have just decided to push most of the stuff I have waiting to complete to Git. This includes the extendedinfo support. So, the brave among you have a chance to test this.

Please note though that it is Isengard only (there will be no more stable updates for Helix) and that it is unfinished and rough around the edges. As I have stated before my time available to work on the skin is limited at the moment, but development will definitely continue. So I decided to make it available in it's current form as a preview.

As such, any of the added features and implementations are subject to change. Especially the extended info support does not please me fully yet.

When you decide to try it out, please make sure you have all the required add-ons installed. I will not release any compiled builds through the repository add-on until it is further to completion.
will you start an isengard thread?
Hi Jeroen, thanks, extended info stuff looks nice (already).

Dont know if you want to know about bugs but i found one with playing music.Blush
I'm on Kodi 15 beta 1. The position indicator doesnt move and the seeking (+3:00) stays on screen. (picture)
Didnt happen with the (skin) version before this on Isengard. I understand the skin and kodi arent final. But just to let you know.
Congratulations Jeroen, I tested with Extended info, and that's really good job. I really like.
Sorry, can somebody tell me how to update this? I downloaded from github the zip file, but when installing it has the wrong structure. I'm on Kodi 15 beta 1.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

EDIT: i found it Smile
(2015-05-14, 11:45)PSpaan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, can somebody tell me how to update this? I downloaded from github the zip file, but when installing it has the wrong structure. I'm on Kodi 15 beta 1.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

Please share your solution.
(2015-05-15, 11:11)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-14, 11:45)PSpaan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, can somebody tell me how to update this? I downloaded from github the zip file, but when installing it has the wrong structure. I'm on Kodi 15 beta 1.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

Please share your solution.

I manually updated the skin. ftp to Kodi (make sure you can see hidden files). Go to storage/.kodi/addons/skin.refocus
Copy all files and override. That's how i did it. Only problem i have is that i don't see actors pictures. Also when i click on actors picture i does not found info.
(2015-05-09, 17:25)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]will you start an isengard thread?

Yeah, when I get closer to a true preview release.

(2015-05-09, 18:37)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeroen, thanks, extended info stuff looks nice (already).

Dont know if you want to know about bugs but i found one with playing music.Blush
I'm on Kodi 15 beta 1. The position indicator doesnt move and the seeking (+3:00) stays on screen. (picture)
Didnt happen with the (skin) version before this on Isengard. I understand the skin and kodi arent final. But just to let you know.

Yeah, Isengard has some changes / enhancements regarding seeking which I don't think I have implemented for music yet.
(2015-05-15, 12:15)PSpaan Wrote: [ -> ]Only problem i have is that i don't see actors pictures. Also when i click on actors picture i does not found info.

In the movie information screen? or in the movies -> actors library ?
Oh, and bug reports are fine btw. Chances just are that I probably know about most of them Wink But of course I probably missed a lot of them too.

Mainly I am wondering about experiences with the extended info additions. It's something I have been working at on and off and I haven't reached that point where I feel good about it. Something's missing or not to my liking, but I can't really seem to put a finger on what that is exactly.
I've set this skin up on all 3 of my installs and just recently came to the conclusion that this skin is perfect...except for one thing; custom widgets. I read where you won't be releasing any more stable updates for Helix, but I sure hope that custom widgets make it into a future 15.0 release. I probably won't update my systems until reFocus gets custom widgets.
(2015-05-17, 06:25)RamboUnchained Wrote: [ -> ]I've set this skin up on all 3 of my installs and just recently came to the conclusion that this skin is perfect...except for one thing; custom widgets. I read where you won't be releasing any more stable updates for Helix, but I sure hope that custom widgets make it into a future 15.0 release. I probably won't update my systems until reFocus gets custom widgets.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by custom widgets? You can already use smart playlists to create your own widgets but I guess you are talking about something else.
(2015-05-17, 09:13)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-17, 06:25)RamboUnchained Wrote: [ -> ]I've set this skin up on all 3 of my installs and just recently came to the conclusion that this skin is perfect...except for one thing; custom widgets. I read where you won't be releasing any more stable updates for Helix, but I sure hope that custom widgets make it into a future 15.0 release. I probably won't update my systems until reFocus gets custom widgets.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by custom widgets? You can already use smart playlists to create your own widgets but I guess you are talking about something else.

Yeah, I mean if I wanted to take an entire module from TheOnion addon and turn it into a widget, I could. A few skins like Aeon 5 and Mimic allow you to do this, but I can't see myself parting ways with reFocus for a feature that I don't necessarily "need."
Well, you should be able to create a custom menu or menu item for thinsg like that. The way widgets are set up in reFocus doesn't really suit this type of usage, as the add-ons don't supply any high res pictures.

(2015-05-17, 12:08)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you should be able to create a custom menu or menu item for thinsg like that. The way widgets are set up in reFocus doesn't really suit this type of usage, as the add-ons don't supply any high res pictures.

That's what I've been doing. Again, it was just a request. reFocus is still going to be my skin on all 3 machines with or without custom widgets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32