Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Is reFocus (the coolest skin ever) abandoned?
(2015-09-07, 15:08)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Is reFocus (the coolest skin ever) abandoned?
I wouldn't say so. Jeroen works on it when he has time and when he sees fit. I'm sure he'll return to it when necessary. Seems pretty complete in its current state imo, but my usage is fairly simple...
just got this working finally!

are there different colours for this theme or just the default blue one? i miss the old wood grain one...

also, my fanart disappears on the homescreen when playing audio. i have visualisations turned off. how do i keep the fanart slideshow when playing music?
Good afternoon.
Thank you for the excellent skin made.
It afflicts only one problem.

When using skins + addon kinozal.tv
If you choose any item from the list his name becomes unreadable. White on white. How can I fix it?

Thank you.
I saw in an old mod the home page looked like the following, is there any way to recreate it in isengard? I mostly want the side bar to be transparent and some sort of overlay over the chosen entry.

Have you guys found any good vertical alternatives to reFocus?
(2015-09-28, 18:37)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Have you guys found any good vertical alternatives to reFocus?

You know that reFocus can do vertical as well right?

Just in case you don't:
System -> reFocus -> Homescreen -> Menu layout
Yeah i know, i am using it vertically and thats how i prefer to use Kodi.

But i am forced to look for an alternative now that reFocus has not received updates in ages (and none for isengard).
I like this, reminds me of Windows 10 (which is a plus).

I'd love the main menu to resemble a start screen a little more... but I guess that wouldn't be Refocus anymore :-)
(2015-09-28, 16:41)funnypanks Wrote: [ -> ]I saw in an old mod the home page looked like the following, is there any way to recreate it in isengard? I mostly want the side bar to be transparent and some sort of overlay over the chosen entry.

Are you looking for something like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1196...efocus.PNG

I have this mod in my reFocus branch. It's just a homepage mod, everything else should be the same. https://github.com/robweber/skin.refocus I've been using this on Isengard with no issues.
I installed the newest snapshot build and 2.0.8-RC2 to Kodi 16 Alpha4.

When I activate the skin, everything works fine. However, after a reboot, Kodi is stuck at splashscreen. Debug log doesn't show anything useful, did someone have the same issue?

EDIT: Fix available here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2127818
Anyone know if it's possible to have the video info only show up when you press info and not when you pause?
Hey guys. Trying to get each menu item to display a different fan art on refocus. Not is just shows the K. Is there a way to do this? There used to be in one of the options but recently there hasn't been when you went to edit the menu in the native home screen editor.

Ideas?
Hey Jeroen, have I told you lately how much I miss you and your updates to reFocus too Smile
(2015-10-28, 12:43)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jeroen, have I told you lately how much I miss you and your updates to reFocus too Smile

The good news: I'm not dead and have been working on the skin again.
The bad news: There's a lot to do, and progress isn't as fast as I would like.

There will be no official Isengard release, all sights are set on Jarvis. There's a lot of changes between these releases, maintaining compatibility coming from a Helix release would simply be too much work.

I'll be posting some progress updates hopefully soon as well as a sort of mission statement for reFocus from now on.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32