Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2015-09-14, 09:05)sajgak Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternoon.
Thank you for the excellent skin made.
It afflicts only one problem.

When using skins + addon kinozal.tv
If you choose any item from the list his name becomes unreadable. White on white. How can I fix it?

Thank you.

That's the kind of crap that happens when add-on authors abuse skin code to force their own font colors. Nothing I can about it.
(2015-11-01, 13:02)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-28, 12:43)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jeroen, have I told you lately how much I miss you and your updates to reFocus too Smile

The good news: I'm not dead and have been working on the skin again.
The bad news: There's a lot to do, and progress isn't as fast as I would like.

There will be no official Isengard release, all sights are set on Jarvis. There's a lot of changes between these releases, maintaining compatibility coming from a Helix release would simply be too much work.

I'll be posting some progress updates hopefully soon as well as a sort of mission statement for reFocus from now on.

Greetings,
Jeroen

Thats the best Kodi-news this year for me personally, awesome, my Braswell NUC with Jarvis in it is all ready to betatest Wink
(2015-11-01, 13:02)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]The good news: I'm not dead and have been working on the skin again.
The bad news: There's a lot to do, and progress isn't as fast as I would like.

There will be no official Isengard release, all sights are set on Jarvis. There's a lot of changes between these releases, maintaining compatibility coming from a Helix release would simply be too much work.

I'll be posting some progress updates hopefully soon as well as a sort of mission statement for reFocus from now on.

Greetings,
Jeroen

Awesome. Let me know if any updates need to happen for the Fanart Grabber. Been a bit behind on release updates as well. I'll push Jarvis specific fixes if needed.
Welcome back, Jeroen. Hope you had a good summer.

<3
Yes, welcome back.

Without putting pressure on you, I would just like to say that I love the screenshots you posted earlier in the thread of your extended info implementation, especially the screen scrolling up to reveal more info. Very nice.

Cant wait to see what you have planned for future releases.
(2015-11-01, 18:50)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the best Kodi-news this year for me personally, awesome, my Braswell NUC with Jarvis in it is all ready to betatest Wink
Nice Smile

(2015-11-02, 16:01)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. Let me know if any updates need to happen for the Fanart Grabber. Been a bit behind on release updates as well. I'll push Jarvis specific fixes if needed.
Thanks Rob, I haven't ran into any issues so far.

(2015-11-04, 11:36)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Without putting pressure on you, I would just like to say that I love the screenshots you posted earlier in the thread of your extended info implementation, especially the screen scrolling up to reveal more info. Very nice.
In that case I have to disappoint you right away Big Grin It will end up different from those screenshots. I liked most of it, but loading up all that external info all at once just made the performance not acceptable for me. And aside from that there were some issues scaling elements when things like plot descriptions vary in length. Kodi's skinning engine is really good, but control aren't really "aware" of eachother and flexible/fluid layouts are quite hard to do and certainly not without limitations.

So there will be a more traditional approach like below (unfinished) and external content will be listed in a separate window launched from the video info screen.

(2015-11-04, 12:53)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-01, 18:50)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the best Kodi-news this year for me personally, awesome, my Braswell NUC with Jarvis in it is all ready to betatest Wink
Nice Smile

(2015-11-02, 16:01)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. Let me know if any updates need to happen for the Fanart Grabber. Been a bit behind on release updates as well. I'll push Jarvis specific fixes if needed.
Thanks Rob, I haven't ran into any issues so far.

(2015-11-04, 11:36)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Without putting pressure on you, I would just like to say that I love the screenshots you posted earlier in the thread of your extended info implementation, especially the screen scrolling up to reveal more info. Very nice.
In that case I have to disappoint you right away Big Grin It will end up different from those screenshots. I liked most of it, but loading up all that external info all at once just made the performance not acceptable for me. And aside from that there were some issues scaling elements when things like plot descriptions vary in length. Kodi's skinning engine is really good, but control aren't really "aware" of eachother and flexible/fluid layouts are quite hard to do and certainly not without limitations.

So there will be a more traditional approach like below (unfinished) and external content will be listed in a separate window launched from the video info screen.

Holy crap!! Those look stunning Jeroen!!

I can't believe how excited I am by these simple screenshots. Is that a whole new info screen? because I have to say that I love it. The way the poster sits and the positioning of the data with a strip of the fanart at the top is wonderful.

Thanks for your hard work on this skin.
Thanks, yes this is a completely rebuilt screen. The same design will be applied to the music info as well as actor info.
(2015-11-01, 13:02)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]There will be no official Isengard release, all sights are set on Jarvis. There's a lot of changes between these releases, maintaining compatibility coming from a Helix release would simply be too much work.

Great to here, I've just downgraded from 16 to 15.2 as I missed reFocus too much!
Jeroen,

Is there any chance of a future version of the skin auto-hiding the home menu when idle?

It seems to have a form of auto-hide on my PC (it slides in and out with mouse movement), but on my openelec box it always stays out.
Would be nice to see it roll away when inactive and pop back out with a remote button press.
(2015-11-17, 11:24)dave77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-01, 13:02)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]There will be no official Isengard release, all sights are set on Jarvis. There's a lot of changes between these releases, maintaining compatibility coming from a Helix release would simply be too much work.

Great to here, I've just downgraded from 16 to 15.2 as I missed reFocus too much!

If you're feeling adventurous you can grab a 16 build from Git. It's rough around the edges but should work for the most part Wink

(2015-11-17, 14:52)lstar337 Wrote: [ -> ]Jeroen,

Is there any chance of a future version of the skin auto-hiding the home menu when idle?

It seems to have a form of auto-hide on my PC (it slides in and out with mouse movement), but on my openelec box it always stays out.
Would be nice to see it roll away when inactive and pop back out with a remote button press.

Possibly, but it would depend on some skin settings. When you have widgets set to always show for example, the widgets are actually sitting next to the home menu, with nothing actually behind the menu. In that case hiding the home menu would just leave an empty black space.

Other that that, is there any practical use to it? The fact that it auto-hides on your PC is likely just a side effect of mouse usage not being supported. In any case, it is not intended behaviour.
Are there any people using (or wanting to use) Jarvis' support for Audio DSP add-ons? It has introduced two new dialogs which I need to test. Unfortunately I don't think it works on OSX at the moment, as any add-on I have tried just crashes Kodi 100% of the time. Let me know if you have it working and are able to test.
(2015-11-18, 08:56)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly, but it would depend on some skin settings. When you have widgets set to always show for example, the widgets are actually sitting next to the home menu, with nothing actually behind the menu. In that case hiding the home menu would just leave an empty black space.
Ah, OK. I have never had widgets set to always show so I didn't know that was how it worked. I did notice that wallpapers set on the home screen do continue behind the menu.

(2015-11-18, 08:56)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Other that that, is there any practical use to it?
For me it is just the ability to see the full background image that looks good. I have spent some time looking for images that will work as a background, but it is difficult when the left side is being obscured by the menu. It is also restrictive to the colour scheme as any image used 'has' to fit with the blue of the menu. Clashing colours is never nice!

That being said, it isn't a deal breaker, it was just a thought. Blush

(2015-11-18, 08:56)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that it auto-hides on your PC is likely just a side effect of mouse usage not being supported. In any case, it is not intended behaviour.
That explains why it is so hard to get the menu back! Rofl
(2015-11-18, 08:56)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-17, 11:24)dave77 Wrote: [ -> ]

If you're feeling adventurous you can grab a 16 build from Git. It's rough around the edges but should work for the most part Wink

I only really use local TV Shows and Movies on Kodi so yeah can do, what's the link?

Is it https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.ref...master.zip
(2015-11-18, 17:04)dave77 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.ref...master.zip

Yup that should do it. Note though that you'll probably need to manually install some dependencies. See the addon.xml file for a list of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32