Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Ok, thanks. Last one, hopefully Tongue
Yep, stilll working!

Hopefully that will be the last of this annoying issue! Thanks for the testing, appreciate it.
Wait... don't dance just yet. I just noticed, moving through the different views that NOW and NEXT show the same screen.
I switched to confluence to make sure it wasn't KODI and it's working fine there.

to be more specific.."now" and "next" both show "next"
When listening to the radio, I see in the right corner the channel playing in every menu, except for the home screen where I have widgets showing recently added episodes and recently added movies. I have "show now playing item in homescreen" radio button selected.

A bug or was it meant to be like this?
(2015-01-15, 12:06)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Wait... don't dance just yet. I just noticed, moving through the different views that NOW and NEXT show the same screen.
I switched to confluence to make sure it wasn't KODI and it's working fine there.

to be more specific.."now" and "next" both show "next"

Yup, confirmed. The buttons to switch to the different views actually have the right commands, but for some reason the containers are not being refreshed. I noticed manifestations of this before.

If I add an extra specific command to reload the container it does switch the view. Which would solve this problem...but creates another one unfortunately.

The reason Confluence doesn't have this problem is because it "cycles" through the views with one button, as apposed to reFocus using individual buttons for each viewtype.

I don't see any reason why this should be an issue though, so I'll try and see if I can get some clarification in the development forum.
No worries. Glad I could help.

Shout out if you need further help.

Cheers.
Me again...

Wondering if I could make a request.... Actually not even sure if it's really possible.
My kodi setup in the master bedroom places the TV a few metres from the bed. It's a 37inch, it became pretty apparent to me last night that I was struggling to read the channel list in live tv from that distance, it was not a problem before, but now that the view has changed and has become smaller to accommodate more, it is.

Can I request a "large list" view?

Not sure how this would work... Perhaps show less channels in the list but in a larger format... May require removing the video preview window. Not sure...

Anyways, you don't ask, you don't get.

Cheers,
Loggio.
I noticed this too and would like to second that request.
(2015-01-15, 19:55)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Me again...

Wondering if I could make a request.... Actually not even sure if it's really possible.
My kodi setup in the master bedroom places the TV a few metres from the bed. It's a 37inch, it became pretty apparent to me last night that I was struggling to read the channel list in live tv from that distance, it was not a problem before, but now that the view has changed and has become smaller to accommodate more, it is.

Can I request a "large list" view?

Not sure how this would work... Perhaps show less channels in the list but in a larger format... May require removing the video preview window. Not sure...

Anyways, you don't ask, you don't get.

Cheers,
Loggio.

One of the advantages of the changes to the PVR in Helix is that the PVR windows act much more like other windows in Kodi. As a result of this the views for the channels and recordings sections in reFocus are now integrated in the viewtypes used in other parts like movies and tvshows for example whereas in Gotham they were all separate. This of course is much more efficient coding wise, and more consistent.

Because of that the current list view won't (and can't) be drastically changed. What I can see happening though is more viewtypes being made available in the channels screen. But they will have to be viewtypes already available to other content types that can be "re-used" so to speak. It seems like the big list view would be closest to what you describe.

Creating PVR specific viewtypes is not under consideratio, neither are bigger font sizes deviating from the ones already used.

In any case the adding of any viewtype will have to wait until after the Helix stable release though.
(2015-01-15, 00:45)ZwartePiet Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT #2: The custom action of Live TV is now set to ActivateWindow(TVGuide) rather than tune a channel. Changing the action to ActivateWindow(FullscreenLiveTV) doesn't work. The Kodi wiki shows a "?" under the source xml for that action, so is that function broken?

As far as I know that function is deprecated.

There should be an option for Last Channel in the "TV" node (at the bottom of the list). Or if you want to enter it as a custom action:

PlayPvr initiates the last watched tv or radio programme
PlayPvrTV inititated the last watched tv programme

(2015-01-14, 16:56)Slurrrp Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jeroen, tnx for the helix update.

Can you maybe show the fwd/rwd 2x/4x//6x/.. text when playing/seeking music fullscreen? It only works when playing a video.
Thanks.
This has been added on Git, will be included in next update.
reFocus 2.0.5 preview release available

fixes/changes:
  • Fix for double thumbnail + plot in music artists
  • Window header in radio epg was showing tv label
  • radio channels options menu was showing tv channel entries
  • radio channels list view should use same layout as tv channels
  • added radio as a separate category in home menu customisation dialog
  • menu indicator was overlapping window header in tv settings
  • tv and radio recordings list view should display unwatched indicators
  • Fix for missing videodb related entries in home menu customisation dialog
  • Fix for not being able to change view in PVR
  • Player state is now displayed for music too (fwd, rwd, etc)
  • Various other small bugfixes and tweaks

Get it through the repo add-on.
Thanks for the fixes in the PVR section. I'd like to show you what I mentioned earlier about the missing now playing in the right corner when on home screen showing widgets.

http://imgur.com/a/r9O2S
Thanks for the update. I'm glad that I can switch views in the PVR recordings section now. But it gets stuck on the tile view. No matter what I switch it to, it switches back.

I actually can apply a view change, but Kodi moves to the upper folder and applies it there. When I go back into the desired folder, it reverts to tile view everytime.
(2015-01-16, 11:45)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the fixes in the PVR section. I'd like to show you what I mentioned earlier about the missing now playing in the right corner when on home screen showing widgets.

http://imgur.com/a/r9O2S

t's actually a bug you have been able to select that option, it should only be available when widgets are disabled.

Basically, It's an option to show now playing information on the homescreen without having to use widgets. If you want to use widgets and have now playing information on the homescreen you need to add the now playing widget where you want it to go.

(2015-01-16, 14:30)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update. I'm glad that I can switch views in the PVR recordings section now. But it gets stuck on the tile view. No matter what I switch it to, it switches back.

I actually can apply a view change, but Kodi moves to the upper folder and applies it there. When I go back into the desired folder, it reverts to tile view everytime.

I'm experiencing the same, but with the thumbnails view instead of tiles view Tongue

For me though, the viewtype is only sticking at folder level, not in a list with actual recordings, is that the same for you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32