Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Just updated and just wanted to say thanks for all the work you put in the PVR part though you're not using it yourself. Best skin for Kodi!
Cheers, you're welcome Smile

So, I've got just a couple of small things lined up. Next update will be a release candidate, hope you guys can give it a good beating to get the last bugs out.

@robweber: I'm especially interested in the visualization issue you mentioned. Have you been able to check the settings?
Thanks for the new update.

I've noticed a minor issue, in the pvr timers window. I can't sort the list by ascending or descending. It's stuck on ascending, though it is actually showing descending. The cursor just skips over it so I can't change it. This feature works in Confluence.

I'll look into it, cheers. The Mo-Tu-We,etc. stuff in Confluence I expect is something that's needed in reFocus too? Otherwise there's no way to tell it's a repeating timer right?
Much appreciated. A weekly show will repeat itself in the list, so it seems like redundant information to have Mo-Tu-We listed next to each episode. It looks pretty messy to me, I could do without it.
Oh I see, in that case I agree on it not being that important. I think it looks quite messy too. If there's demand for it anyway, I'm sure I can make an opt-in skin setting for it.
I don't currently use the timer function, but the date seems like an important piece of information.

"Hey, when is the yearly Kodi developer's meet-up?"
"8:00pm-9:00pm" Big Grin

A date column with the format "Fri, 23 Jan" preceding the time makes most sense to me.

To cleanly show a repeating timer, you could replace the checkmark with M T W R F S U icons. A timer for Jeopardy, which airs Monday through Friday would have a timer listing like:

Code:
Fri, 23 Jan     6:00PM - 6:30PM     Jeopardy! (A) - Teacher's Tournament          M T W R F
It does have the dates listed, I just had the side menu loaded in the previous shot. It normally looks like this:

If anything, I might change having the date on the left and the time on the right. But other than that, it looks fine to me. I think the check marks look clean. If I've already got a list full of Jeopardy timers, why would I need a weekly icon next to each one?
Jeroen, thanks for the updates.

There is no program info in recorded tv, i'd like the recorded program info to look somewhat like Confluence.

Looking forward to RC!

Cheers
The progress bar underneath the tv logo looks too small (for my eyes at least), I like the Confluence look. The description on the right shows the channel instead of the program (progress bar here would be nice). The live window should show the tv logo or the mosaic image when nothing is playing, looks more consistent to me then just a black box.

Cheers
(2015-01-23, 20:29)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed a minor issue, in the pvr timers window. I can't sort the list by ascending or descending. It's stuck on ascending, though it is actually showing descending. The cursor just skips over it so I can't change it.
Long story short this is because reFocus uses extra buttons in this menu, and because of the fixed numbering of controls in Kodi (which can be maddening) I need all sorts of workarounds to make it navigate and function as expected. I fear this will take some time to fix properly, possibly rewriting the entire menu. There's a dirty fix that will probably work. Just need to think about what route I'll take for the next release.

(2015-01-24, 11:02)lednurb Wrote: [ -> ]There is no program info in recorded tv, i'd like the recorded program info to look somewhat like Confluence.
Agreed.

(2015-01-24, 11:58)lednurb Wrote: [ -> ]The progress bar underneath the tv logo looks too small (for my eyes at least), I like the Confluence look.
Having the progress bar underneath the text looked really cramped. And as the pvr list view is integrated in a global list view making the rows bigger is not really an option as it would change this for movies, tv shows and such as well. Probably some tweaks can / will be made here, but not likely for the Helix version.

Quote:The live window should show the tv logo or the mosaic image when nothing is playing, looks more consistent to me then just a black box.
Agreed, consider this a placeholder. I would actually prefer to simply hide the video window if nothing is playing but it depends on some other things to be dealt with first.
Maybe fixing the sorting issue isn't as hard as I thought. An attempt to fix this is on Git. Or drop this file in your skin folder to test. The big question here is if this fix will not screw up navigating through the menu and using the sorting functions in other (non-pvr) windows.
That seems to have fixed it. No problems in any other non-pvr windows as far as I can tell. Thanks!
I swapped the time and date columns, to me it makes more sense this way:

What do you think? Also, I wish there was a way to remove the (A) from each label, but that's probably backend specific.
Just got around to working on the visualization issue. I actually deleted the artist slideshow addon completely (manually deleted files and rebooted) and I still get the black screen. Really stumped. Any ideas?

UPDATE - I just did a fresh install and had the same issue, so I started to look at the MusicVisualization.xml file. I merge the main reFocus branch into my own github repo - I'm a control freak that way in case I want to tweak something - and that file was all messed up. A merge gone wrong I'm thinking. Anyway, I replaced it with a fresh one and we're back to normal. Sorry for the false report.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32