Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [FireTV] Immediate Crashes upon starting livetv steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently replaced my nearly decade old x86 xbmc box with an amazon firetv in preparation for kodi.

When using a tvheadend backend (have not yet tested with others) I can trigger an immediate crash of kodi by loading a HD channel.

I can somewhat work around this issue by loading a standard definition channel and then switching to a HD. Most of the time after doing this I then experience relatively poor performance (heavy frame dropping.) I have not had this issue with non television sources.

I can reproduce this with the 14.0 release image and this 14.1 beta build

Debug logs follow:

14.1 with workaround (no crashes but heavy framedropping)

Let me know if there is anything else needed, and I'm happy to test with other builds. So far very little has been attempted on this device or kodi install so everything is quite stock.

Thanks for reading!
Could you get a logcat (wiki) of the crash, please?
I couldn't find an application in the firetv store to receive the logs so I grabbed them myself with adb.

http://pastebin.com/fYTFuzYj

Please let me know if there is any missing information or an easier way to grab this on non-play devices.
After further testing this seems to only be a problem when using a tvheadend backend.

If I use servewmc everything works perfectly.