Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library missing a bunch of movies (Frodo/OpenELEC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of 350+ movies, over 50 of them aren't showing up in my library. This has been an ongoing problem; so many movies I've added just never show up in my library. (Chef (2014) has never shown up since the day I added it.)

I tried installing the Universal Scraper (or whatever it's called) - that just made matters worse. I'm no longer using it - I'm using TheMovieDB - but I can't figure out how to disable it.
I tried removing the sources and re-adding them. That fixed some movies (e.g. "Locke" is now properly displayed instead of "Locked In") but broke others. We just watched Pride (2014) last night (great movie, BTW!) - I had just added it to the library and it was there - but now it's gone.

I want to add that the missing movies aren't just obscure indie films. I'm missing Avatar, Braveheart, The Dark Knight, Despicable Me (1 and 2), etc.

The movies are all there - If I set content type to "None" and let it clean the database, then set the content type back to "Movies", I can see all the missing titles flash by as it scans for new content. But when it finishes, a bunch of the movies aren't there. It's not the file names, either. Here's a simple directory listing of movies that don't show up:

A Most Wanted Man (2014).mkv
Alice In Wonderland (1951).avi
Batman Begins (2005).mkv
Big Blue (1998).mkv
Blind Side (2009).mkv
Blue Jasmine (2013).mkv
Boondock Saints (1999).mkv
BRAVEHEART (1995).mkv
Brother Bear (2003).avi
Chef (2014).mkv
City Of Angels (1998).mkv
Conjuring (2013).mp4
Curse Of The Were-rabbit - Wallace & Grommit (2005).mkv
Dangerous Beauty (1998).mkv
DARK KNIGHT (2008).mkv
Despicable Me (2010).mkv
Despicable Me 2 (2013).mp4
Draft Day (2014).mkv
Elysium (2013).mkv
Ender's Game (2013).mp4
First Blood (1982).mkv
Flushed Away (2006).mkv
Godzilla (2014).mkv
Grand Seduction (2013).mkv
Gravity (2013).mkv
Grosse Pointe Blank (1997).mkv
How To Train Your Dragon (2010).mkv
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014).mkv
I AM LEGEND (2007).mkv
Iron Man (2008).mkv

Help?
Is it entire directories that are missing? Make sure you have the "Scan Recursively" option enabled on the parent directory, and haven't specifically customized sub-directories to different or no content type (or the wrong content type). Do this by browsing through the Videos section, not Movies, and checking each directory's setup with the "Set Content" option.

Note that when in Videos and you come upon a file with no description, press Info, If there was an error matching its content with the external database, it'll bring up a screen for you to change the search terms (ie., if your filename has the wrong year). If nothing happens, then you have no content type (or the wrong content type) set for that directory.
Thanks very much for the reply, Sunflux!
(2015-01-07, 14:45)Sunflux Wrote: [ -> ]Is it entire directories that are missing?
No. All files are in one of 2 network shares: //server/Movies-HD and //server/Movies-SD -- neither has any subdirectories and most of the movies from both are showing up.
Quote:Note that when in Videos and you come upon a file with no description...
There are no such files.
Debug log needed. Please enable debug logging in system settings and repeat the content invalidation. Then re-add the media source and post the entire debug log so we can see what's going on there.
is hide watched enabled?
Yeah, if you aren't even seeing the files in Videos (which is basically just a network share browser with frills), then it really sounds like you have some kind of filters enabled.
Thank you, Helta, I think you nailed it! I went to the context menu for one of my movies - set it to watched and BAM! it disappeared!

Now that I know the problem, can someone tell me how to turn off "Hide Watched"? I've just spent the last half hour trying to find it and I don't see it anywhere. I'm using the Transparency skin if that matters.
I even switched to Confluence and couldn't find it there, either. Lots of stuff on Google where people had the same problem and fixed it but I have yet to find where someone has specified exactly where to find the setting. Sad
In Confluence, you press LEFT on the file list to get to the View Options menu (represented by the little tab with an arrow on it on the far left of the screen)... and there's a tickbox for "Hide Watched".
Got it. And all my movies are there! Thanks for all the help, everyone!