Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Timer Settings header label missing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just noticed that in DialogPVRTimerSettings.xml the dialog's window header label (id 2) is not showing. I checked in Confluence, same problem there.

Could this be because I am using the PVR demo add-on? Can anyone with a true PVR setup check?
Several headers labels are blank in Helix that according to the wiki should be there...
- VideoOSDSettings.xml
- VisualisationPresetList.xml
- SmartPlaylistEditor.xml
- DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
and the DialogPVRTimerSettings.xml that Jeroen mentioned it.

Cheers
Nessus
Hum. Just fired up the SmartPlaylistEditor and the dialog header says "Edit smart playlist".
The other windows are showing a dialog header for me too nessus? Although I haven't checked DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
(2015-01-07, 12:25)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]Hum. Just fired up the SmartPlaylistEditor and the dialog header says "Edit smart playlist".
That's because it has a label string. The id is not working there.
PHP Code:
<control type="label" id="2">
  <
description>header label</description>
  <
left>40</left>
  <
top>20</top>
  <
width>720</width>
  <
height>30</height>
  <
font>font13_title</font>
  <
label>$LOCALIZE[21432]</label>
  <
align>center</align>
  <
aligny>center</aligny>
  <
textcolor>selected</textcolor>
  <
shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
</
control
If you remove the label string (21432) the id="2" is blank. The same happens and in the other dialogs.

Cheers
Nessus
@nessus: confirmed, nice find!

@Jeroen: that one (DialogPVRTimerSettings.xml) is a bug in Confluence.
the pvr timer settings dialog does not have a header label (none of the other pvr dialogs have one either),
skin should add a label manually.

edit:
DialogPVRTimerSettings.xml fix:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9eb6...c08bc330d9
@ronie: ah, I see. Will adjust accordingly then. So am I right in saying all non-PVR dialogs should use a header label and therefore don't need a skin provided label? If so, why are PVR windows an exception?
Might be that I broke this for all settings dialogs when I did my refactor. Will look into it.
Can someone list the dialogs where the header label doesn't work (as the PVR dialogs apparently don't have a header label)?
^ see nessus' post above
(2015-01-08, 19:46)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone list the dialogs where the header label doesn't work (as the PVR dialogs apparently don't have a header label)?
I did a full recode of all dialogs in my latest version of Bello trying to unify them in some point. The only dialogs that i've notice the missing headers are those in my previous post.

(2015-01-08, 08:52)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]Might be that I broke this for all settings dialogs when I did my refactor. Will look into it.
I think that's what happened. I notice that two of the broken headers are in dialogs that the label id="3" was removed...
Quote:DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
  • remove label id="3"
  • change sliderex id="10 > id="13"
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/21a9...d7fd2d7402

VideoOSDSettings.xml
  • remove label id="3"
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/78fe...71d03042f9

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-01-09, 02:38)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-08, 08:52)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]Might be that I broke this for all settings dialogs when I did my refactor. Will look into it.
I think that's what happened. I notice that two of the broken headers are in dialogs that the label id="3" was removed...
Quote:DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
  • remove label id="3"
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/21a9...d7fd2d7402

VideoOSDSettings.xml
  • remove label id="3"
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/78fe...71d03042f9

I finally checked and it looks like those heading labels were never there. The labels with ID 3 that were removed were not the heading labels. Some of the mentioned dialogs don't even have an ID for the heading label defined. But I can look into adding them.
See PR6219.

VisualisationPresetList.xml already has a label but it uses ID 3 because ID 2 is used for the list of presets (which obviously doesn't match the other dialogs but I don't want to break backwards compatibility).
VisualisationPresetList.xml ID 3 header shows the name of the visualisation type with the "presets" prefix (eg "MilkDrop presets") not the classic "Visualization Presets" string. I am ok with that. Just mention it since the hard coded label in Confluence is with that string also.

IMHO we should change also the header and list ID's in this xml. Always we leave stuff like these with the fear of the break backwards compatibility and they stay unfixed... forever. After all is not much of a break since is just a small change to the ID's.

Cheers
Nessus
agreed, i have no problem either with fixing VisualisationPresetList.xml as well.
Pages: 1 2