Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVHeadend Timeshift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I noticed problems using Timeshift with my TVHeadend setup.
Generally I can pause the TV channel and resume it.
The problem only occurs while seeking.
The picture stucks and afterwards I can't do anything until I switch the TV channel.

Verions:

Code:
root@xbmc:~# dpkg -l|grep -i tvheadend
ii  kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts               1.9.39-3trusty                          amd64        Kodi PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts - PVR API:1.9.2
ii  tvheadend                            3.4.28~geb79aee~trusty                  amd64        Tvheadend

Timeshift settings in TVHeadend backend:

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150107/zg7v2jqx.png

Code:
root@xbmc:~# ls -ld /aufnahmen/
drwxr-xr-x 3 hts hts 4096 Jan  6 23:04 /aufnahmen/

Filesystem                 Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg1-data       1.4T  503M  1.3T   1% /aufnahmen

root@xbmc:~# mount|grep aufnahmen
/dev/mapper/vg1-data on /aufnahmen type ext4 (rw)

Thanks in advance for helping me.
I successfully got this working last night, this is what i did:

I've used the latest unstable version from: http://apt.tvheadend.org/stable, i cant remember the full version number on the unstable repo, but it's something like 3.9. but so far it's pretty stable and haven’t had any issue with it.

I then used this add-on found here: http://stalin.negge.fi/files/pvr.tvh/ - just download the zip, and install it the normal way when installing add-ons via zips in Kodi.

The next thing and probably in my opinion quite misleading, is to make sure the On Demand is unchecked - I was under the impression that on Demand meant i can Pause, Rw, Fw on demand, but i think what it means is it only starts buffering when demanded to e.g. when you pause.

hope this helps?

Ash
Concerning on demand, I tought the same as you. I think that my thimeshift was not working without this checkbox. Will try that later.
Indeed, "on demand" means it only starts buffering once you hit pause. You generally want to leave it unchecked unless you have a reason to use it, like very limited disk space or a large amount of subscribers.
After disabling on demend, Timeshift works better now.
After stopping seeking, I see mosaic picture for round about 0.5-1 second.

What makes things worse is, that I don't see the screen seeking. In addition to that, I don't have a progress bar or something like this.
So I just can guess where I'm in relation of time.
(2015-01-08, 11:04)hegg Wrote: [ -> ]After disabling on demend, Timeshift works better now.
After stopping seeking, I see mosaic picture for round about 0.5-1 second.

I get a couple of frames of stuttering, something I can live with... My "remaining time" changes (counts downs if rewinding) in blocks of about 20-30 sec...
Switched to TVHeadend in Version 3.9.
Looks like the Record Button (in the menu when pressing ok while watching TV) is not working (nothing happens).
When I add a timer by the EPG, everything works fine.

@AshG

Did this work for you?