Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rom collection browser, can't launch addon from shortcut in Kodi main screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I can't launch Rom collection browser from the shortcut in the main screen since upgrading to Kodi v14. With Previous version xbmc 13.2 it was ok. Although I can launch it from inside the Programs screen. This is the kodi.log (not in debug mode):

21:40:55 T:140296666978048 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
21:40:55 T:140296666978048 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:40:55 T:140296666978048 NOTICE: RCB started
21:40:55 T:140296666978048 NOTICE: RCB: sys.argv = ['default.py']
21:40:55 T:140296666978048 NOTICE: RCB: param = default.py
21:40:55 T:140296666978048 NOTICE: RCB: launchRCB = False

(I think it should be true were instead false in last line)

I'm running Kodibuntu 14.04 (but getting same problem in other machine with Ubuntu 14.04 and Kodi 14)

Is this a bug of the addon within kodi 14?

Regards.
Yes, I am having this issue as well. I have to go into apps then click on the RCB icon to launch it. Creating a shortcut and then clicking on it does nothing.
Has anyone found a solution? I'm having a similar problem using the Transparency skin as RCB as a favorite.
There's default.py file in the addon folder: addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py

Change one line of the code to look like this:

if param == '' or param == 'default.py' or param == 'script.games.rom.collection.browser':

Hope this helps
I cannot find the default.py file.
What os are you using?
(2015-01-21, 02:20)weirdinin Wrote: [ -> ]There's default.py file in the addon folder: addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py

if param == '' or param == 'default.py' or param == 'script.games.rom.collection.browser':

Hope this helps

I added the code but get script failure. Even replaced the param line that is there by default, same problem.

(2015-01-21, 02:38)Idowza Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot find the default.py file.

If you are on windows this is your path. remeber to show hidden files.
C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
(2015-01-21, 02:20)weirdinin Wrote: [ -> ]There's default.py file in the addon folder: addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py

Hope this helps

I too am experiencing the same issue. Great addon by the way. I always get emulators set up on every device/machine I own, then don't use them much, because they require so much effort to switch between roms/cores/controllers .

This one button solution is very very pretty.

Any hoo.....

I have found my default.py!

But I lack the experience to decipher exactly where to put the code, or what code to replace. It is all greek to me.

Any detailed advice for this fix would be most welcome.

Thank you to all the tech geniuses who's shoulders I stand upon daily.

Smile

Hope this helps

Worked perfectly on Win 7!
Thanks!
I get script failure when I edit the code. I'm sure I did it right. Why does RCB have so many issues with Kodi?
Hi all,

I too am having this problem with Kodi 14.2 running on Win7. The Rom Collection Browser works fine when I run it from within the programs folder. When I set it up as a shortcut under the Programs Heading on the Kodi main screen menu bar it won't run when I click on it. I tried to find that default.py file but I don't even have the path they referred to. It would really round out that add-on well if it could be run from the main screen with ease. Any other suggestions??
There are new test versions out that fix this issue. See here.