Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change Music Artist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using the music library for some time now, works mostly great. I had selected to update information on scrape and now notice that that created some additional artists who are costarrring on some albums. What is the easiest way to exclude these to unclutter the library?

I exported the library, can I edit artist.nfo with correct name and/or musicbrainz id and rescan? In file mode I find these in the main artist folder but in those files I can't seem to find the additional artist the library is showing me.

Example: I have an album from Sting called "Songs from the Labyrinth". In tags Artst and Album Artist is Sting and all other tags have been deleted. Library shows an additional artist Edn Karamazov which brings up the same album. How do I remove Edin and allocate the album just to Sting?
^Just fix the tags with your favorite tag editor and re-scan
Thanks but tag is only Sting. Will try rescan
If the update doesn't work, double check that the offending song file doesn't have an MBID tag.
Thanks. I have an mp3tag action that only leaves album, artist, track and gain and also deletes everything except for id3v2. Will rescan and deselect the option to get extra info, I think that is where it is coming from
Fixed it. Deleted the path and said yes to remove library related items. Cleaned librarym then rescanned without the option in settings to download additional information. Now I only have the main artists.