Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi/Mysql .. resume issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all;

I've done some searching and digging, and can't seem to find any info ... and I'm having a hard time trying to track this issue down.

I have 3 nuc's, all running Kodi. I'm using Openelec. I have 1 server running Mysql that keeps my databases in sync.

I was running 13.2, and everything worked. If I was watching a movie downstairs, and stopped it, then went upstairs to the bedroom, I could resume where I left off.

Over the weekend, I upgraded to Kodi, and it of course updated my database. It looks like my DB's are now xbmc_video90 etc.. It looks like it updated the databases correctly, all the devices read the database, but if I stop a movie, it doesn't seem to want to resume....

I also noticed, that any movie that had a resume point, keeps that resume point.... For example, when I had 13.2, if a movie had a resume point of 1:25:35 ... it stays that way now with Kodi. I can stop and restart it, go the beginning etc, but everytime I go to start that movie, it wants to resume at 1:25:35.

I've checked permissions... I've tried to tail log files to see if it errors out... I'm at a lost. Was there mysql changes to advancedsettings.xml ?

Do I need to drop the databases and just recreate them... I hate to do that. Maybe export the databases first, drop them, then import them?

Thanks for the help!
~wangel
UPDATE:

I fixed this myself --- I'm not sure if it was just something weird with my setup, but rather than the delete the post or edit it, I figured I would post what I did to fix it in case anyone else has this issue.

First of all, in my advancedsettings.xml, my Database setup was like this:

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***.***.***.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

When I upgraded to kodi, it upgraded the old databases (xbmc_video78) to xbmc_video90. It seemed all was working ok, but apparently it was not.

So I logged into 1 of my openelec devices, and removed the <name> tag. I rebooted this device, and upon startup, it created a MyVideos90 library on my mysql server. Of course it was blank. Perfect.
I then exported xbmc_video90 to a SQL file (mysqldump -u xbmc -p xbmc xbmc_video90 > db.sql). If you aren't comfortable with the cmd line you can use phpmyadmin, etc.

After exporting the db to a sql file, I imported the sql file to MyVideos90. Once that was done, for good measure, I rebooted the device. I verified via the log file that it was indeed reading from MyVideos90, and I tested a movie by skipping to 30+minutes into the movie, and stopping it. When I went to restart the movie, it asked if I wanted to resume where I stopped it. SUCCESS!

I guess something went haywire when it tried to auto upgrade the db's from xbmc_video78 to xbmc_video90. It seems to all be working now.

Thanks all,
~wangel