Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lyrics script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Guys,

is there a way to stop lyrics window from auto popping-up whenever I enter MusicVisualization window? If there's no KODI setting for this, what do you suggest, how to solve this annoying thing skin wise?

Thanks
Isn't there a setting for this provided by the add-on? I don't use it much but I thought there was.
(2015-01-10, 12:21)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there a setting for this provided by the add-on? I don't use it much but I thought there was.

You are right, disabling lyric script does work, thanks.

I wonder though, why is it enabled by default and how many users will find the solution to disable it.
(2015-01-10, 12:48)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-10, 12:21)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there a setting for this provided by the add-on? I don't use it much but I thought there was.

You are right, disabling lyric script does work, thanks.

I wonder though, why is it enabled by default and how many users will find the solution to disable it.

I agree, should not be default in my opinion.
+1
Why is this discussion in the skin development section...
(2015-01-10, 16:40)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Why is this discussion in the skin development section...

Not sure I understand the question.

Because it is a skin window? Because users will ask skinners why they are being bothered with window they may not understand? Because I was finding a way to disable this window in my skins lacking the knowledge and intelligence to silence it via settings?

I don't have a problem if you move it though.
I understand the OP. Dont understand what turning that setting off has to do with skin development was my point.
well, at least we can gather some quick opinions here Smile
(2015-01-10, 17:25)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]well, at least we can gather some quick opinions here Smile

I see it the same way - may be slightly off topic but it is a feature suggestion for 14.1 by skinners. And I hope they count for something.
(2015-01-10, 17:30)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-10, 17:25)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]well, at least we can gather some quick opinions here Smile

I see it the same way - may be slightly off topic but it is a feature suggestion for 14.1 by skinners. And I hope they count for something.

no, it´s a suggestion to change defaults for the lyrics addon. could be changed outside of the release cycles by just pushing an addon update.
Skins get blamed for a lot of things that are being done by addons, scripts or core, so thats not a valid point imo Smile

I have no strong opinion if it should be off by default. I do think a lot of users would miss out on a great feature if it's off by default.
And you should not forget that for every complaint on the forums maybe there are much more users that are happy with it, but they dont go on the forums to say that. But I guess we'll find that out when the setting is turned off Tongue
(2015-01-10, 17:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]no, it´s a suggestion to change defaults for the lyrics addon. could be changed outside of the release cycles by just pushing an addon update.

Oh, I thought we need 14.1 for this to change, hence the wording "feature suggestion".
(2015-01-10, 17:44)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Skins get blamed for a lot of things that are being done by addons, scripts or core, so thats not a valid point imo Smile

I have no strong opinion if it should be off by default. I do think a lot of users would miss out on a great feature if it's off by default.
And you should not forget that for every complaint on the forums there are much more users that are happy with it, but they dont go on the forums to say that. But I guess we'll find that out when the setting is turned off Tongue

We'll go slightly off topic again but it may be worth it.

Sure, some users might miss it if it is off by default but many users will still find it annoying and see it as an "in-your-face" suggestion. Another part of a problem is it steals focus of a current control and I find that one awkward, even if you like having lyrics.

As for user complaints - I can ignore those wanting something more if I luck the time, motivation or find that implementation would be interesting for only a smaller part of community. I guess I'm not used to ignoring people having problems.
I dont find it strange that lyrics are shown when I install a lyrics addon. I can only understand this point of view when the user has no clue that the addon even exists and it is on their systems. And that should not even be a usecase.
Pages: 1 2 3