Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to have 2 separate machines play simultaneous add-on stream? Is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum. The machines in use are a desktop running Ubuntu 14.04 and RPi with RasBMC.
I have KODI on my desktop, streaming any add-on ( al jazeera, TWIT etc.) And a Pi (with a wifi dongle) in my living room with RASPbmc installed. I would like to have that stream play simultaneously through my RPi without connecting to the internet. I see how to enable UPnP to share local files on both machines, but what about live streaming?
I'd like to set my desktop as the "server" and "mirror" the screen out in the living room over local network. I do not want to access the WWW with the Pi, just connected through local network.
Is my solution UPnP?
Or is there another direction I should look?
What are the keywords, or protocol for something like this?
Basically, I'm trying to get close to the same results as if I ran a 30' HDMI cable out to my living room, but over local network instead of running cable.
Not possible through Kodi at the moment, You may just want to look into desktop sharing (VNC).