Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS Master HD Suddenly works then gone again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something interested happened last night and I'm hoping you guys could help. I have a Chromebox hooked up to my NAS(Lenovo TS140 and Plex). Everything has been perfect with my setup except the fact that I couldn't play DTS Master HD through my Harmon Kardon AVR 254, it would come up as DTS on the receiver. I read there were issues with these receivers and chalked it up to being an older model. Last night as I was playing some movies from my NAS, DTS Master HD was showing up for the movie I was watching and many of my other movies that previously wouldn't show DTS Master HD. Nothing has changed hardware or software wise that I am aware of so why all the sudden would it work? This morning it's back to not working again unfortunately. I'd love to be able to watch my movies in DTS Master HD if possible.

Thanks
Could be the order you boot/switch on stuff, always make sure the AVR is on before starting Kodi.
I power everything up the same way every time. It's really baffling as to why all of the sudden it worked and then it quickly went away again. I also noticed when in the audio settings when I have the Passthrough output device on my AVR it says "HDA Intel, HCG AVR254/354 on HDMI #0" and it does not have options for TrueHD or Master HD settings but when I click on switch the output device to HDMI #1 etc it has options for TrueHD and Master HD.
I have never posted a log before so I'm not sure if this is right or now but I enabled logging and then started playing a movie that played in Master HD last night.

Here it is.

http://pastebin.com/xpSwWPpk

Some screenshots of my current setup.

When I switch the the passthrough output device TrueHD and Master HD show up.

Then your AVR provides crappy EDID, I suppose.

for the Debug Log <- follow this link
The script within Kodi to upload the debug failed so I hope I did this correctly using Pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/0pgn2UQb
Perfect...if you did it another way...the log can be taken by:

Code:
paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

too. You will get back an URL which can be provided in those postings. Don´t know if you maybe copy and paste the log into pastebin...so only a hint Wink

As far as I can see, the AVR seems to be detected correctly:

Quote:08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_deviceName : hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_displayName : HDA Intel
08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_displayNameExtra: HCG AVR254/5/354 on HDMI #0
08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_deviceType : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_channels : FL,FR,LFE,FC,BL,BR,BC,FLOC,FROC,BLOC,BROC
08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_sampleRates : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000
08:08:53 T:140550469351296 NOTICE: m_dataFormats : AE_FMT_AC3,AE_FMT_DTS,AE_FMT_EAC3,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_LPCM,AE_FMT_DTSHD,AE_FMT_TRUEHD,AE_FMT_AAC

But I see a bunch of banned addons installed there as well...

FYI: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Because of the issues which those addons might can give, I would first try setting up the audio settings with a clean installation. That can easily be done if you SSH in an do:

1:
Code:
mv /storage/.kodi /storage/kodi-old

and then reboot.

Any setting, any addon and your library will be gone after the reboot. But don´t be scared...we only renamed this folder. We didn´t delete it. So it will be back with:

2:
Code:
rm /storage/.kodi
mv /storage/kodi-old /storage/.kodi

reboot. Notice....each line is a single command!!

Explanation:

After you renamed the ".kodi" folder to "kodi-old", a new ".kodi" folder will be created automatically by OpenElec after reboot. So for renaming the "kodi-old" folder to ".kodi" again, you have to remove the automatically created folder first. That´s what "rm /storage/.kodi" does.

After you have renamed the folder like mentioned under "1:" and before you add your sources and the library, you should check if those audio formats will come up by selecting "HCG AVR254/5/354 on HDMI #0" in your audio passthrough settings. If it doesn´t please provide a new Debug Log. Be aware, that you have to turn on your devices in the following order:

1. TV
2. AVR
3. OpenElec

Otherwise the HDMI handshake might fail.

If you still have the issue and are in need of those banned addons, you can do like mentioned under "2:"...but accept, that it is hard to get support while those addons are installed

Greetings
First off thanks for the help, it is GREATLY appreciated.

OK, I think I did what you wanted correctly. Options for TrueHD and Master HD were still not available.

Here is the debug log.

http://pastebin.com/ur3TGBXX
I just read a bit about your problem, because I´m very interested in this Wink

Your AVR lies about 192khz support...without that recognized it´s not possible to provide HD audio in any way. So I googled a bit and read a bit more and then found this:

http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/71317-...=15#113428

This is a step by step guide on how to get this working (by your own risk Wink). I would follow this. You have to change some of those commands matching to your system. So you first have to check which file is needed to be edited. How to edit those files is explained in this step-by-step guide, too. So just follow it.

I bet, this is the solution for your problem which your AVR gives you.

If you don´t want to do this by your own. You could come over to openelec IRC channel

Server: freenode
Channel: #openelec

There are many ppl who might help you with this guide.