Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mysql sharing..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, not sure exactly where to put this so feel free to move if necessary.

I have mysql running on a freenas server perfectly thanks to following quides in the wiki. I have 3 other machines, one windows running kodi 14 and 2 raspberry pi running openelec 5.0. All run great with pause and resume and watch count. Very happy.

What I want to know is it possible to filter out and only show certain items from the library (ie animation movies and tv show cartoons) on my daughters bedroom pi while still using the mysql database and keeping watch count etc. Obviously not showing the texas chainsaw massacre and dexter lol

Thanks,

Rich.
I've done this in a small way by creating playlists that include, or exclude, the specialized categories of movies on my system. Then for the installations that shouldn't see them, just use a different skin setup that doesn't include menu links to those categories. For instance, since my bedroom doesn't have a 3D TV, I just don't make those movies available. I suppose you could also try kiosk mode, if you don't want your daughter to even be able to navigate to the playlists or sources.