Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wake XBMC Using Harmony Ultimate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all....

I'm having a bit of an issue where I can't wake XBMC (Gotham) from hibernation using a programmed activity on my Harmony Ultimate.

I have the "Media Center Keyboard" added and when using that as a "device" I can more or less control XBMC. But when I put together an activity that includes waking XBMC, it's not starting up.

Any ideas what I need to do?
This does not sound like it has anything to do with XBMC. You seem to have a hardware problem with waking form hibernation with USB, which is common. I think most people use S3 sleep, it's much more reliable.
I can wake the PC from sleep using the original Media Centre remote so it seems that the Harmony is not sending the correct command.

I read somewhere that recent Harmony remotes don't work as good as they used too with XBMC and I needed to add an additional device. I just can't find that thread I read earlier in the week. Might have been on AVSForum.
If it works with the original remote...why not learning this button to the harmony and see if this works then. The Harmony Ultimate is not that bad!

You can add devices to your harmony (which you already know, I suppose Wink) and you can learn single buttons to those devices of the harmony DB, if the preset buttons (coming from the harmony DB) donĀ“t work correctly