Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork and Thumbnails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am new to the XBMC / Kodi world.

Need a bit of assistance if possible.

Recently i bought an Android Box, 4.4.2 (F Box 2) which had XBMC 13.1 pre loaded on it. I have since updated to Kodi 14.0.

I have 3 x 2TB hard drives and all consist of high def mkv files. I have been able to set up Kodi and map these drives to make shares and i can access "Kodi (localhost)" on my LAN and playback has been great so far, even from 1080p large MKV files.

My issue is this..... I have all the library setup when accessing Kodi from the Android box where the Hard Drives are plugged into and i can get the movies synopsis and artwork on all files but when i access kodi on my LG Smart TV, the artwork and movies synopsis is blank, same with my WDTV Live and also on my Galaxy S5 phone where i am actually accessing the files off the Kodi app also. Is there a way to bring the artwork and movie synopsis when browsing the library on the LAN on various devices?

Other issue is when i fast forward or rewind on any of the devices, it says it is not available but when i tried it on Gotham 13.1, i could do it on all the devices.
Anybody? Artwork to other devices that use KODI?
hi pajjo,

how are you sharing your drives?
do you have MySQL setup to share your library?
Thanks for the reply zerocool_ie

I just have my drives plugged into my android box.... i have kodi on my android box too. Once uPnP is on, i am able to browse the files on any device no probs.... just the artwork is not coming across to smart tv, wdtv live box etc, and i have spent a good while getting all the artwork perfect on the android box....
no probs Smile

I don't think UPnP supports the artwork yet, only the file listings. (UPnP gurus, please correct me if I am wrong).

You could achieve what you want by using a central MySQL database which Kodi on your Android box and Kodi on your Galaxy S5 could connect to.

It wouldn't solve the issue on your smart TV or WDTV Live though.

EDIT: I was wrong Blush

http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Server
Quote:XBMC's UPnP server can share files that are normally only locally accessible on the Host XBMC device, as well as metadata (summaries, cover art, etc) to supporting clients.
I've never done this, hopefully one of the aforementioned UPnP gurus can help!
Cheers mate....