Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Relative/Absolute Coordinates or Non-Local Conditional Visibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I'm trying to make some adjustment's to SleepyP's Remix Skin
and was wondering about a few things.

I am trying to move Patrick's Remix window (Dialogue Window on the right of the screen: custom9000.xml) by just editting the window's reference coordinates, however, in this same dialogue contains his glow controls (The Yellow box surrounding TV Shows Button on the left, and there are 10 more glow controls for the other buttons). So when I would change the custom9000.xml's reference coordinates, the glow control images would also move from their position.

In general, I would like to move the dialog window without moving the glow controls (currently located in dialog window) by editting dialog window's reference coordinates.

I had an Idea of fixing this by two ways, but not sure if its possible.
1) Keep Glow Controls in Remix Window (custom9000.xml) but give it absolute coordinates and everything else relative coordinates.
Question: Is this possible? Giving some controls in a dialog window absolute coordinates and other controls relative coordinates?

2) Move Glow Controls to Home.xml and call on them whenever controls in custom9000.xml are focused.
Question: Can you have a visible condition that calls for a control that's in another window, or does that control condition have to be in the same window as where it is called?

(I've read the manual and searched this forum as well as X-S forums and did not find anything about absolute coordinates and relative coordinates coexisting, and non-local conditional visibility)

Here is a Simplified Code of the two Windows I modified for Solution 2.

Home.xml
Code:
<window>
   <controls>
      <control>
         <description>Home Glow</description>
         <type>image</type>
         <id>0</id>
         <texture>Remix\Main Glow.png</texture>
         <visible>Control.HasFocus(5001)</visible>
      </control>
   </controls>
</window>

Custom9000.xmlCode:
Code:
<window>
   <controls>
      <control>
         <id>5001</id>
         <label>Logo</label>
         <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(HomeLogo)</onclick>
         <visible>ButtonScroller.HasFocus(12) | Control.HasFocus(5001) | Control.HasFocus(5002) | Control.HasFocus(5003) | Control.HasFocus(5004) | Control.HasFocus(5005) | Control.HasFocus(5006) | Control.HasFocus(5007) | Control.HasFocus(5008) | Control.HasFocus(5009) | Control.HasFocus(5010) | Control.HasFocus(5011) | Control.HasFocus(5012) | Control.HasFocus(5013) | Control.HasFocus(5014) | Control.HasFocus(5015) | Control.HasFocus(5016) | Control.HasFocus(5017) | Control.HasFocus(5018) | Control.HasFocus(5019) | Control.HasFocus(5020) | Control.HasFocus(5021) | Control.HasFocus(5022) | Control.HasFocus(5023) | Control.HasFocus(5024) | Control.HasFocus(5025)</visible>
         <onleft></onleft>
         <onright>5002</onright>
         <onup>3002</onup>
         <ondown>5005</ondown>
      </control>
   </controls>
</window>

Other than Moving the "Glow Controls" from the Custom9000.xml to Home.xml, nothing else has changed.
Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say.
No, you can't have some coordinates relative and some absolute. All coordinates in a window are relative to it's origin.
Cool. Thanks, didn't think that one was possible.
Any thoughts about the second solution?
No you cant do that as you suggested, but it may be possible to do something close with skin settings since they can be referenced from anywhere in the skin.
ha ha i knew it!
nice... thanks dude... totally didnt even think about skin settings, even though that's the main thing i've been using to add to this skin....lol