Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDHomerun Set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a iMac running the latest OSX and 16g of RAM. This mac controls two stadium projectors projecting onto two 100' screens. We are trying to find a way to stream live TV with DVR functionality onto those screens and have settled on the HDHomerun with a digital antenna. The HDHomerun is great but doesn't supply any DVR functionality.

I am fully aware that this forum probably addresses this but I am very new to this and needs some direction. Will KODI allow for this functionality or do I need to search elsewhere? I can purchase EyeTV but it is pretty expensive.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Jake
Here's a good read to start with-
HDHomeRun (wiki)
Kodi doesn't actually handle recordings itself. For that you need PVR software, which Kodi can then hook into. See PVR (wiki).
I have a Mac Mini, 16GB Ram, HDHOMERUN, also seeking answers to enjoying all of the functionality that KODI and the HDHR offers is elusive to me so far. I have managed to add the HDHR as a video source, and via use of SUPER FAVOURITES, I can create a customizable channel list. It's far from what I envisioned with an EPG and PVR support. I am not a coder. Reading through the MILES of WIKI and BLOG and FORUMS on this subject makes my eyes glaze over. I hope someone very clever creates an APP! I have also dabbled with the PSEUDO add-on, but it doesn't add the HDHR channels and crashes on every attempt.