Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Start Live-TV per default in EPG view with Vu+ Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am running Gotham v2 on Windows 8.1 using the Vu+ Addon to stream my Vuplus Duo2 Channels to XBMC which works almost perfect. Using a Flirc and a Media Center Remote to control XBMC.

When I click on the Live-TV button on Homescreen, however, I end up in the TV Channel list and as I have plenty of TV-Channels scrolling is somehow hard to scroll pages (how does this work? Left+right on remote doesnt work to scroll a whole page?).
I would like to start in EPG View by default when clicking on Live-TV button/link on the homescreen!? How can I get this done?

Also how can I scroll pages on the TV Channel list instead of using the up/down buttons to scroll through every single Channel?
(2015-01-14, 12:50)gessi Wrote: [ -> ]Also how can I scroll pages on the TV Channel list instead of using the up/down buttons to scroll through every single Channel?

This can be achieved by changing/adding the <MyTVChannels> section in your keyboard.xml like this:
Code:
<MyTVChannels>
  <keyboard>
    <left>PageUp</left>
    <right>PageDown</right>
  </keyboard>
</MyTVChannels>

However:
I wouldn't do that, as left is used to access the view options of the channel list. So only do that, if you know you never want to access the view options, or alternatively map them to something else.
My solution was to map pageup/pagedown to channel+/channel- in flirc. That way I'm able to page up/down using ch+/ch- in all lists except live-tv, where I've mapped page up/down to changing channels. But that mimicks my tvs behaviour, so that's a matter of personal taste. If you want to go that route, map ch+/ch- to the page up/down keys in flirc and add the following to your keyboard.xml:

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
  <keyboard>
    <pageup>ChannelUp</pageup>
    <pagedown>ChannelDown</pagedown>
  </keyboard>
</FullscreenLiveTV>

(2015-01-14, 12:50)gessi Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to start in EPG View by default when clicking on Live-TV button/link on the homescreen!? How can I get this done?

I think that depends on your skin. If you're using a skin which supports home menu customization (like Aeon Nox) you can change the default select action of the 'Live TV' entry to guide instead of channel list.