Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Could you please add an option to make the seek bar allow for slot machine style time selection? Yatse has an option to change the behaviour of the seek bar, so that instead of dragging the dot along the seek bar, which can be very hard to get precise movement, all I have to do is tap the seek bar and a slot machine style time selector pops up.

Here is a screenshot showing what I mean (click for full image):
This app is a really beautiful achievement!

The only critical (and surprising) omission I have found is the option to resume playback instead of starting from the beginning.

I would also like to see the controls from the "now playing"-screen integrated with the remote. Perhaps there is not enough space on a phone, I haven't tried it, but on a tablet there is a lot of empty space and these screens seem to go hand-in-hand functionally. For example subtitles and audio sync adjustment is accessed from "now playing", but requires the remote to be navigated. I don't understand the logic of splitting these controls across two screens.

Lastly, Yatse has the ability to stream local files from the Android device to Kodi, in the same way that YouTube videos can already be shared. I would love to see this in Kore (with the ability to queue up multiple files).

I will be happy to make the full switch from Kodi once some of these areas are addressed.

All in all, terrific work!
I was still using xbmc official remote with Kodi, which worked, but I stumled onto this via a Facebook announcement. Awesome stuff!
One small question, is it technically possible to implement support for smart playlists? I'm afraid the answer is no, but it would be cool to be able to filter your media on the remote the way you can in Kodi itself.
(2015-05-07, 22:42)Raytestrak Wrote: [ -> ]I was still using xbmc official remote with Kodi, which worked, but I stumled onto this via a Facebook announcement. Awesome stuff!
One small question, is it technically possible to implement support for smart playlists? I'm afraid the answer is no, but it would be cool to be able to filter your media on the remote the way you can in Kodi itself.

Everything is possible, but i'm not sure that it will be done... At least on the short/medium term.
Is it possible to add Android Wear support? The D-Pad from Yatse is super handy.
For my part Android Wear will have to wait until i'm tempted to buy a watch.
@synced:

I've to thank you so much for this beautiful app. Finally someone is using the correct layout/workflow. The app looks and works fantastic! Adding content to the current playlist is great, the information provided for each movie, series or audio track - WOW!

I only found some little cosmetic problems/bugs (text related - formatted with [B] and so on) - but I will try to provide more information at the end of the day.

But again....thank you! (replaced already Yatse for me)
Still curious about the possibility of streaming local media, from the remote device to the Kodi host (UPnP rendering?). Yatse does it, BubbleUPnP does it, the Kodi install on my phone and tablet does it (stream/render to another Kodi host)... I'm not sure how though (maybe pushing media to Kodi UPnP renderer?). But given that Kodi on android does it, setup config @ Kodi host is the same. and Kore is the official remote, it would be a much welcomed function. It would also eliminate the need for a secondary UPnP/DLNA app, for those that mainly want to push audio/video in one direction (Remote/phone/tablet -> Kodi host).

So far I've mostly been using Yatse for this (Through "Send to" / "Share" android "context" menu, and I must admit - just pushing a video to Kodi (TV) from a file browser, the gallery etc. with "open with" or "send to" context menu in Android, is a lot more practical than gathering people around a 4-5 inch phone screen. Kore has this capability with YouTube videos, but it would be great to be able to do so with local media, too.

Pardon if I've expained myself poorly, I'm not quiiite sure what is the correct terminology for some of these processes and elements.
@pr0xZen I agree that is a great feature of yatse. So much easier than searching for a youtube video using the onscreen search on kodi on the big TV.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I fail to connect kodi (14.2, running under Linux/mint on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro) to kore (installed on a Samsung Note 4, running kitkat) .
I tried automatic (zeroConf) and manual, but both failed.
Getting a remote to work is important to me since I am getting close to cutting the cable..
PS-- before you ask, I have followed the instructions. Kore finds the Media Center, but when I click TEST it says: Can't connect to ...; please check the configuration.
Help, please!
Make sure you have selected the same HTTP port on Kodi and on Kore, and that that port isn't getting blocked by any firewall that might exist on your network.
Further testing revealed that it works just fine under Windows 8.1, but NOT under Linux/Mint-Cinnamon, using the same Yoga 2 Pro hardware as Windows (dual boot). I am using the same HTTP port on Kodi and Kore.
Open for suggestions....
BTW-- I like it under Windows.
Is it possible to add the ability to skip 30 seconds / 10 mins using the arrow keys, like on Yatse? I find that feature incredibly useful.
(2015-05-19, 02:01)venik212 Wrote: [ -> ]Further testing revealed that it works just fine under Windows 8.1, but NOT under Linux/Mint-Cinnamon, using the same Yoga 2 Pro hardware as Windows (dual boot). I am using the same HTTP port on Kodi and Kore.
Open for suggestions....
BTW-- I like it under Windows.

Can you connect to the regular kodi web server with a browser?
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to use Kore (android app) with my Kodi Media Center (Windows 8).

Both devices are on the same local network but I can't seem to find the media center on the android app.

I also tried using a different remote but the same problem occurs.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Thank you for your attention.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18