Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Quickest Way To Set Up My Android Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys

I have a android box, something like MX something? unsure exact model.

Anyway havent used it much, but when i do xbmc does not load properly etc, so i wish to put some latest software with that on the box.

What file do i need? and what is quickest way to set this box up with kodi/xbmc and the live tv functions.

Thank you

this box

You can get the latest Android (and any other) release of Kodi from here: http://kodi.tv/download/

You'd need to figure out if your android box is and ARM or an x86 processor. As you aren't sure what version of the box yours is, it's difficult to say what build you shoudl use, but I would assume it's the ARM build, as from the minimal googling I did on the MX Android boxes, they seem to be AMLogic chips, which should use the ARM build.

When you say "xbmc does not load properly etc," what does that mean? The software itself doesn't load at all when you click on the icon? I'd suggest fully uninstalling your old build and then downloading the offical Kodi 14.0 "Helix" build and installing that one.

Good luck!
hey man

thanks for reply.

what are the instructions on completeing installing the latest build from scratch?

how do i do it?

load the files onto usb stick etc?

unzip them etc?

is there a basic instructions please, to get me going?

thank you
Another great place to start is a search of youtube for info. After reading the wiki, searched youtube and found everything I needed for the Fire Stick there. Works really well if you are more a visual type person.

Good luck