Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Migrate installation from Linux to Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I would like to know what is the way to migrate a kodi installation from a Linux to a Windows sytem.

I mean, we can move a Windows installation using the folder stored on user\appdata\roaming, and in case of Linux we have to move the /usr/share/kodi and the ~/.kodi folder.

How can I migrate a linux installation to a windows one? my first idea is copying the two fodlers of linux to the Windows folder, but before trying I want to answer for advice and see what are the problems it could cause and how to solve them.

Regards and many thanks in advance
Anyone can help with this?

Regards Smile
Just install kodi and copy your userdata folder and apps folder
All you really need is the database, sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml.

Export the database, copy, then import.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

If you're using an SQL instance to sync your library between rooms then you can export and import it with Heidi SQL.
Otherwise use the built in export/import feature.
Kodi has a backup addon. Use it, then restore on your windows system.
(2015-01-17, 21:02)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi has a backup addon. Use it, then restore on your windows system.
 the backup add-on fails so that's not an option. I've tried copying over the Userdata folder on Libreelec to the userdata folder in Windows. That didn't work either. None of the add-ons I have installed in LE showed up in the Win install.

Does anyone have a method to transfer the config from Linux to Windows?
The addons are probably disabled. See if they are installed (under "My Add-ons") but have the "x"-icon next to them. That will mean they are disabled.

Btw. could you please tell us which add-ons you are referring to? Please note, that LibreELEC has their own add-on repository which might not work on  Windows. So, if you are referring to add-ons which came from the LibreELEC repo, those, most likely, won´t work on Windows.