Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Update/Download Kodi for Gbox MX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just a quick question here. I'm trying to update my XBMC (which now apparently has been re-branded to Kodi) on my Gbox MX2, the only problem is I don't see a Matricom (the makers of Gbox) version on the downloads page. So, should I just install the ARM file of the Android version or something on my SD Card? If I do, will it be able to run on my Gbox smoothly? Do you know of a better way to update the old version of XBMC to the latest Helix? Please help.

PS: I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread so I just posted it here, hope that's okay.
thats how to do it ..delete your XBMC first , install the .apk file you have on your SD card

This is a good thing as the Maricom version is full of extra crap
(2015-01-16, 03:32)ute. Wrote: [ -> ]thats how to do it ..delete your XBMC first , install the .apk file you have on your SD card

This is a good thing as the Maricom version is full of extra crap

So, just to make sure installing the Android version will work perfectly fine on the box? No bugs? And can I back up my files on XBMC already?
Bump. I need to absolutely make sure if installing the the newest stable version of the Android will run on my Gbox with no problems. Please help.
You'll want to use the v14.1 test build for an MX box: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213108

It should run pretty good, but we've never had a version that was completely bug free...