Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Full Screen 2nd Monitor Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, love the new kodi,
The only issue i seem to be having though is:
When I'm using my MacBook Pro and connecting it to my tv (so the tv is the second monitor to the right) using an Hdmi adapter from the display port I'm trying to get a movie playing only on the tv in full screen and have my macbook free to do other work while a watch a movie, now i can get it set up so i can fullscreen on my mac and work on my tv but thats a bit rubbish since i really want the movie on the bigger screen. Since whenever i try and move koi over to the tv and use the fullscreen shortcut it jumps back to the macbook and i have looked in the settings where you can change video output but the only two options seem to be windowed or fullscreen #1 where I'm looking for the option of fullscreen #2

I have read through a couple forms and saw some members talking about a true fullscreen though this option doesn't appear to be in the video output menu it just gives me the option of
-Display mode (Windowed) - its on the second screen for now but in windowed mode
-Display (Greyed Out)
-Blank other Display(Greyed Out)
and then all the 3d and calibration options.

So in summery my question is:
Can you fullscreen only on the external monitor and work on the macbook monitor at the same time without the fullscreen jumping to windowed mode or jumping back to the macbook monitor.

Thanks for the help in advanced, you could be making a student essay writing much more enjoyable.

Thanks
Please post debug log (wiki). There should really be a "fullscreen #2" option in system settings. If this is not the case then something went wrong.
I just installed Kodi on my mac and this came handy, was able to move the screen to the secondary monitor.

Thanks!