Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems issues with Helix,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
First of all this is not me having a go ,I just have several issues I have been using Frodo 12.3 for a year no major problems ,did try Gotham but found it slow (sorry) and full of bugs .
So thought OK lets try Helix and to be honest it is worse than Gotham on my windows 8.1 HTPC
It crashes a lot ,including freezing it takes ages to load menu and lists for plug ins ,it eats the processor and even misses content on several sites I am not aloud to mention
I have been running Frodo 12.3 on a second identical HTPC and comparing them and Frodo 12.3 seems to be more reliable ,faster ,more staple and does not miss content .
I love Kodi XBMC But I do wonder why you need to upgrade every year is it change for changes sake sometimes .I am sure some people love it and It works well for them but I will be going back to Frodo after a week of trying Helix ,
Maybe when the later versions come out the bugs will have been sorted ,fingers crossed,
I don't want to sound like I am having a go ,I am not ,I do understand a lot of Developers but a lot of there time into this for little reward and I respect that .
Cheers
Sad
Quote:even misses content on several sites I am not aloud to mention

and there ya go. Reason number 204 on why we hate those add-ons: people blame us when they don't work.

It's not Gotham. It's hot Helix. It's the crap you put into it. We've tested the living hell out of this program, and while it's certainly not bug free, but it sure as hell is more stable than Frodo. So what conclusion are we left with, given what little information you've given us?
@alderton47:

Do you blame Microsoft if some software (and maybe illegal software) doesn't work? So why do you blame Team Kodi, that one of those (probably highly illegal) addons doesn't work as expected? The best way would be if you contact the author and blame him and don't waste the time of kodi developers. So the thread-title is wrong, too. It should be called "Problem with some addons". You don't have a Helix problem. You have an addon problem.

If you got some problems with the general usage of Helix (which is not watching illegal content via internet stream) then explain your issue, provide logfiles and help things getting better. Some addons still not work properly (Skins for example) and they are incompatible to Helix. But this isn't a Team Kodi problem. It's a problem of the author of this addon, who have to spend some time and work to make it compatible. So think a bit who is the correct person to blame.

Greetings