Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Delete the Television Library and start over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there and quick and easy way to delete my Television library and start over?

The reason I ask is my first XBMC installation was openelec on a Dell Inspiron Mini laptop (which is awesome, BTW). I did not really understand how to set up media libraries and the Television section is broken. I attached to a folder on my media server named "television" but somehow it got set up as a documentary called "Television" from the BBC. All the episodes of my various shows all fall under this heading. It's pretty sad!

I need some pointers. I am running the latest openelec v5 and I can always start from scratch, but before doing so, I thought I'd ask the wizards...

Thanks.
One method that occurs to me is this: since I am connecting to my server wirelessly, I could turn off wireless and then run the system function to do a library "clean". Since it would no longer be able to find the links, perhaps that might work?

Any feedback? All I am hearing is crickets... Smile
You could also set the content on TV shows to "none" in the files browser. Then you'll get a prompt to remove all items from the library.
(2015-01-16, 23:26)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]You could also set the content on TV shows to "none" in the files browser. Then you'll get a prompt to remove all items from the library.

Thanks, I will try that. That sounds like what I am trying to do.
How did you scrape your television folder? Did you add files and then set the content as TV Shows?

How do you have your TV Shows file structure set-up now?
Pretty much as C.Taylor suggested - assuming you added a source, defined it as 'TV Shows' and scraped it, simply delete the source again. Kodi will prompt to remove all the items in the library that were scraped from that source.

Probably in Videos -> Files.
C.Taylor: Who knows how I did it? I was such newbie when I started setting it up. I have since added Kobi to just about everything I own now. I should probably just re-image it but it does offer a good opportunity to learn more about the system.
This weekend I'll delete my source and rebuild it. I have it laid out correctly because it works on everything else.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I appreciate it.
My further suggestion would be to experiment by scraping only 1 or 2 TV shows into your library to make sure it works, rather than scrape a few hundred/thousand episodes which will take awhile and if things bugger up you have to start all over. Get that 1 or 2 small shows working right (like Band of Brothers and Agents of SHIELD for example) and once you know you've got things set-up properly then go for the rest.

then after everything is scraped go through it all and make any title or episode name changes you might need. I found some series when scraped from TheTVDB adds (1) and (2) when episodes are 2-parters but I don't like that so I went through and edited all the names to look nice.

then finally, and this goes for your Movie and Music and any other libraries as well, when everything is edited to look good, in proper order with all the artwork you like, export your library! I helped 2 friends set up their systems with tons of movies and shows and such, worked for hours to make sure all the Star Treks were in order and the like, then they BOTH have system crashes and all that work was gone forever. Learn to LOVE to export your library as individual files and should, no WHEN something goes wrong all your hard work won't be lost.