Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodibuntu nuc problems freezes on suspend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am running kodibuntu on my intel nuc and it works great with just one issue.
I have set Kodi to suspend when I power everything off via my remote but when I do this the nuc doesn't always go in to suspend it locks up. Then when I resume the screen has frozen with the "working" text at the bottom right. I have to hard power the nuc off.

It did suspend once but then would not turn back on, I had to remove the cmos battery and replace it to get the nuc to turn back on.

Anyone else having these issues?

EDIT: Nuc is D34010WYKH

Thanks

J
I had a similar issue on my HTPC. I installed kodibuntu and I was unable to wake it up and sometimes it would freeze all together.
I chalked it up to driver support, as with kodibuntu you have to install the right drivers for all you devices.
I since switched to OpenElec as it's a more complete package.
Hi,

Yes, I have had the same problem numerous times - as have other folk on the intel community. Before it was suggested to removed the CMOS battery, I even returned TWO NUCs and got new replacements!! You might want to add your voice to the intel board as it seems to be something to do with BIOS rather than kodi.

See the thread at https://communities.intel.com/message/277975#277975
This issue is now resolved, installed OpenElec and everything works straight out of the box.

J
Yes I have a similar behavior on my laptop fresh Xubuntu 64 Lenovo x131e and think it would be better to have the suspend button area about one tenth of its actual size, because it totally crashes my laptop, there s not even a BSOD.
Otherwise is KODI a great work of Art, thank you.