Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow and frozen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I have an MBOX 8 and the Kodi was updated to the newest, was working awesome! Then the power went out and ever since... It keeps freezing in menus, not loading quickly, videos freeze(not to buffering)... Any ideas??
I haven't updated but I just signed up to ask pretty much the same thing. I've got the same box, used it fine for a month but then it started getting sluggish in menus and freezing (not a buffering issue exactly like you said). I decided it was because of all the messing around installing various add ons and playing with settings. I decided to factory reset the box and put just the stuff I wanted back on. It worked perfectly again but now a month later it's started doing the same thing.

I've tried clearing the cache and packages but same thing happens. I really don't want to have to factory reset every month.
It makes me wonder if it's the box and maybe we should buy a different brand... Bc it's been problem after problem since we bought it, like you said works great then after a while starts acting up...
I agree. I think the last thing I'm going to try is factory reset, put XBMC how I want it then make a backup in xbmc backup. Then if/when it happens again I'll see if a restore back to when it was new sorts the issue.