Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Renamer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I couldn't quite find a file renamer for what I wanted (single file per movie, no art or NFO files you seem to get with media managers, etc.), so I've knocked one up for my purposes. I've put it on github in case anyone else is interested in using it: https://github.com/kwirk/kodi-file-renamer

Basically, it takes the library information from the Kodi MyVideos database file (i.e. .kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideosXX.db), and renames files to a standard naming convention. It also updates the database so Kodi still points to the correct file.

Only tested on Kodi Helix (MyVideos90.db) on Linux, but may work on other versions and operating systems. Also only tested on ext file system, so may end up with a few invalid file/folder name characters for other file systems (e.g. FAT, NTFS); although this should be easy to fix (see string replacement in code for "/" character). Only tested with basic file layout, and I don't expect it will work with anything complex (e.g. stacked files).

Thanks
Check out filebot
Hi,

is there a way to rename a just new scraped Movie?
I search a tool to rename a movie filename when i selected the right movie in the scraper. Does one of this tools do this?