Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skins for Amazon fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, new to the forum and I am having difficulty getting skins to work on my amazon fire box?

Do I need to root the box to be able to install some of the other skins?

Thanks
(2015-01-20, 14:44)murphy2706 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new to the forum and I am having difficulty getting skins to work on my amazon fire box?

Do I need to root the box to be able to install some of the other skins?

No you don't have to (and problably can't) root your AFTV to use KODI - you just have to sideload it. After that you can install all types of Kodi addons incl. skins. I have tried several without issues (I am using Titan, but your preferences may vary).
I have Kodi running no problem. Its just when I go to sideload the skins they all fail, Dependencies are not met. Any ideas?

Thanks for replying
what do you mean by sideloading the skins? you can download skin when you select "get more"

I have amazon fire tv + kodi + titan / aeon nox without any problem
(2015-01-20, 17:25)skinnyp Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean by sideloading the skins? you can download skin when you select "get more"

I have amazon fire tv + kodi + titan / aeon nox without any problem

Until an hour ago it was letting me choose from only 3 skins when I clicked get more. Now I have aeon nox running. happy days
Seems like your repository didn't update, a forced refresh would have helped as well