Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a list of all skins that support animated fanart?
I looked in the wiki Skin features compatibility list but that in not included in the feature list.
(2019-11-10, 18:24)lordvandad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-09, 16:30)billmartian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-21, 18:27)lordvandad Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I found out a way. After installing artwork beef, in the settings I had to enable KyraDB and enter API keys of my account, after that artwork beef could recognize animated artworks also and download them.   

....And How you managed that.
I have Arwork Beef and enabled my KyraDB API user and key filled in.
Animated posters are downloaded to the folder where that specific movies resides, but it will never show the animated poster.
....Unless i select it manually through the context menu for every single movie !!!

Peter   
Hi. First of all I'm using Aura skin. It shows animated posters itself. You have to enable it in the settings.

**But sometimes it might have a bug and not showing all of them. It might show one movie and not showing another although you know it has an animated poster. After exit and restart Kodi it should be fixed.**

I always export my library to make sure everything downloaded offline to library folders. Another skin which supports animated posters is Ace2.
Trying these two, maybe solve your problem! 

Did you ever find a skin that works consistently with Animated Posters? AEON MQ8, Aura & ACE2 all seem to be hit and miss. Some Days they all work , other days they are intermittent.
Don't know how much Sonic fans here...

but for the collecting and cataloging of the Character Poster Sets Project i was also into the upcoming Sonic movie.
I found only these 3 uniform english poster. But for the main character Sonic with the same poster layout i can only find a spanish version in web -> http://www.impawards.com/2020/posters/so...12_xlg.jpg

But then i found this Youtube Video introducing this Character Poster, with a different layout but all uniform and in english. I searched for this layout but can't find any static images in web, only the video.
So my thought is that this could be a great source to generate animated posters out of it or also render out static posters if possible.

If interest, would be much appreciated  Smile
hello, i changed my job a few months ago and i have even less free time than before but i don't forget you when i can.

Image Image
Thanks @mouflo !
Some time ago, I found a skin, can't remember which one, that automatically downloaded some Animated Fanart.  I have saved them to the cloud. The file name starts with the IMDB number eg tt0066206_fanart or tt0066206_poster 

I don't have any idea how to get them to work in a skin. Short of just copying the correct gif to the folder of a movie. I have a couple of hundred of them. 

https://app.box.com/s/mbct3qg4wnnep54bq85861n938tc4265
(2020-02-26, 20:40)bubblegum57 Wrote: [ -> ]Some time ago, I found a skin, can't remember which one, that automatically downloaded some Animated Fanart.  I have saved them to the cloud. The file name starts with the IMDB number eg tt0066206_fanart or tt0066206_poster 

I don't have any idea how to get them to work in a skin. Short of just copying the correct gif to the folder of a movie. I have a couple of hundred of them. 

https://app.box.com/s/mbct3qg4wnnep54bq85861n938tc4265
My guess it’s the Skin Helper Service which did the downloading of the gifs, not the skin itself.
Image Image
@mouflo Thanks!
Can;t get the collections (movie sets) posters to work. All my collections are in their perspective folders with collections grouped together. Everything is named correctly. Only the collection animated posters don't change, all the others do. Help!
(2020-03-16, 03:49)Hampone Wrote: [ -> ]Can;t get the collections (movie sets) posters to work. All my collections are in their perspective folders with collections grouped together. Everything is named correctly. Only the collection animated posters don't change, all the others do. Help!

Forgot to add: I'm running Kodi (Android) on Nvidia Shield TV with Aeon MQ8 skin.
@Hampone

That is a question you need to ask in the Aeon MQ8 thread. But if by "work" you mean they are not animated, then animated artwork needs to be located on the local machine as animations do not work over networks.

See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#Animated_Artwork
Image Image Image
Image Image ImageImage
Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Image  Image