Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-21, 16:22)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Nice.
Anyway, where do you guys get those animated gifs from?

Animated quick video
(2015-01-21, 16:53)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-21, 16:22)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Nice.
Anyway, where do you guys get those animated gifs from?

Animated quick video

Those arent posters :p
Search for animated cinemagraph poster in google image
thx wanilton
the inception one is so cool
Look at this thread.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ted+poster

This comment by:Ned Scott

This might break non-animated gifs, but you can turn animated-gif support on by creating a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml and saving it in your userdata folder with the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

I can confirm that this works.

EDIT: to explain: basically this is telling XBMC that .gif files are a type of video, since support is already baked into ffmpeg.

I try the advancedsettings.xml,but still no luck.
So what's the deal with this? Wanilton has been selling a custom kodi install with this working since Helix, clearly it works. I just attempted to replace a movie poster with a cinemagraph and no go. I then added to my advancedsettings:
Code:
<videoextensions>
<add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>

and that didn't work....so I'm guessing that it hasn't been merged yet or am I doing something wrong?

*EDIT* Using Jarvis nightly 9-27-15
(2015-09-29, 22:10)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the deal with this? Wanilton has been selling a custom kodi install with this working since Helix, clearly it works. I just attempted to replace a movie poster with a cinemagraph and no go. I then added to my advancedsettings:
Code:
<videoextensions>
<add>.gif</add>
</videoextensions>

and that didn't work....so I'm guessing that it hasn't been merged yet or am I doing something wrong?

*EDIT* Using Jarvis nightly 9-27-15

He has a special Windows build kodi....

Why hasn't provide the source code?
Isn't a Kodi GPL violation?
Try movie78, because resource is native - Kodi Jarvis.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a972...312f2730f4
(2015-09-29, 22:31)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Try movie78, because resource is native - Kodi Jarvis.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a972...312f2730f4

Is this implemented in the new Kodi (Jarvis)?
Yes, fanart.gif work ok on Jarvis nightlie, poster work partially at this time, code is by ace, I don´t write one single code line.

Try use this background image for test:

(2015-09-29, 23:19)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, fanart.gif work ok on Jarvis nightlie, poster work partially at this time, code is by ace, I don´t write one single code line.

Try use this background image for test:

ok cool, I will check that out!
I apologize, swapped skin over to confluence and both posters/wallpapers work!
where is the script to make them work u said code is by ace but i cant find it
(2015-09-30, 05:42)chr0nic Wrote: [ -> ]where is the script to make them work u said code is by ace but i cant find it

The code is built into Jarvis nightly(not a script.) Some skins it seems 1/2 working or not at all. Confluence works for both posters and animated backgrounds.