Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't happy with original so added a larger explosion !

Better!
Thanks buddy
(2015-11-30, 14:53)ProRipp Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't happy with original so added a larger explosion !

Hi ProRipp,

I just stumbled over this thread and I have to say this is absolutely mind-blowing. These posters are just a must have!
I love all of them, especially the ones, that have only the logo in it and no further text (I always preferred the "clean" posters Wink ). Also brilliant the ones where you "can't see" start and end of the gif.

Thanks so much for these.

You're a fanart.tv mod? Is this going to be a thing on fanart?
Thanks again for an early christmas ... it certainly is for me Big Grin
@BugRaider84, hopefully in the not too distant future, possibly in the next iteration of kodi, a format for higher res animations may be implemented, WebP has been mentioned. As of now the view over at Fanart.TV is that due to the restrictions on gif (256 colours) is a little too low quality to warrent a new section at the present time. So unfortunately for now you have to grab em where you can LOL.
(2015-12-01, 02:02)ProRipp Wrote: [ -> ]@BugRaider84, hopefully in the not too distant future, possibly in the next iteration of kodi, a format for higher res animations may be implemented, WebP has been mentioned. As of now the view over at Fanart.TV is that due to the restrictions on gif (256 colours) is a little too low quality to warrent a new section at the present time. So unfortunately for now you have to grab em where you can LOL.

Thanks for the info. Will hold my fingers crossed. Animated pictures would push Kodi onto the next level imho.

btw: could I make a request? Back to the Future Collection would be awesome Angel
Maybe something using these posters (got 'em from fanart.tv) ...

if you'd like and find the time.
Delete
Really great stuff we can check in this thread. Hopefully there is a site already to store all those animated movie posters because it would be a pitty to loose some of them with time
We all like explosions right ?

(2015-12-05, 21:39)ProRipp Wrote: [ -> ]We all like explosions right ?

Cool +
Yes sir!
Exploding feet is a real problem in the Mission Impossible universe! Rofl
Im running latest nighly build of jarvis and latest 3.3.0 version of skin on my mac mini spent all night trying to get this work but i cant get animated posters to work can someone for the love for God guide me what im doing wrong when i try to select solo mode to update artwork it automatically scanning artwork and not letting me use local art i have put gif file in local folder and named ir poster.gif i just dont know what to do can someone please help me to set this up on mac pleaseee thanks
Ensure gif files are saved locally and not on a network share.

Dont scan for artwork. Save files into local folder. From info dialog for selected movie navigate to choose art, select poster and browse to local folder and select gif file.

Thats all I do and it works in every skin.