Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Great stuff!

Some posters i'd like to see ..

Beetlejuice
Zombieland
30 Days of Night
The Animal
House of Wax
Jeepers Creepers
Legion (2010)
Reel Steel
Shallow Hal
Shaun of the Dead
Tremors
Hi guys,
I added this feature in Phenomenal skin if someone is interested.

just wondered, I want to try making those by myself, any tutorial or guidelines? thx

(2016-04-20, 09:44)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,
I added this feature in Phenomenal skin if someone is interested.

just wondered, I want to try making those by myself, any tutorial or guidelines? thx

In this thread you can find some links to tutorials. For now I think it's mostly google and youtube.

not sure why but these just started showing up in my skin, its amazing, lol (Estuary Mod)

im assuming its from skin helper

what im seeing is only 20-30 animated posters are being used.. is there something i can do to get more to show up and work?
(2016-04-22, 14:22)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]not sure why but these just started showing up in my skin, its amazing, lol (Estuary Mod)

what im seeing is only 20-30 animated posters are being used.. is there something i can do to get more to show up and work?

You can help by contributing new animated posters Big Grin
(2016-04-22, 14:59)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-22, 14:22)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]not sure why but these just started showing up in my skin, its amazing, lol (Estuary Mod)

You can help by contributing new animated posters Big Grin

right, which im totally into helping as i love photoshop and already know animated GIF creation inside and out with it..

what i mean is many that i have seen listed as "added to the database" are not showing up for me, and even some titles which i have 2 copies of, one works and one does not. (i have a 3D ISO and a standard remux of Avatar, one is showing animated poster and one doesnt)

what im asking is how does this work, i realize its from skinhelper and my current skin but do i need to re scrape my library? or do i need to manually download the poster myself and manually point kodi to the file?

of the ones i saw in the database i have about 300 of those titles, so in theory shouldnt all 300 be working?
(2016-04-22, 17:29)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]right, which im totally into helping as i love photoshop and already know animated GIF creation inside and out with it..

what i mean is many that i have seen listed as "added to the database" are not showing up for me, and even some titles which i have 2 copies of, one works and one does not. (i have a 3D ISO and a standard remux of Avatar, one is showing animated poster and one doesnt)

what im asking is how does this work, i realize its from skinhelper and my current skin but do i need to re scrape my library? or do i need to manually download the poster myself and manually point kodi to the file?

of the ones i saw in the database i have about 300 of those titles, so in theory shouldnt all 300 be working?

Can't really help you with this. Maybe not all animated posters have been downloaded. Or maybe the old images are still in the cache.
New animated posters and backgrounds have been added to the database: 31 new posters and 2 new backgrounds.
The database now contains 410 animated posters and 525 animated backgrounds of 532 different movies.
Is there a better way to view all the posters? As apposed to going to link and clicking on every single one. It is so tedious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2016-04-23, 07:53)Luke02 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a better way to view all the posters? As apposed to going to link and clicking on every single one. It is so tedious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Not at the moment. It's mostly used by apps and services. You can view them in the app in my signature Big Grin
I completely forgot to thank koufos (again Big Grin) for the massive amount of animated posters! Thanks!