Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-19, 01:03)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Two more questions:
Anyone know why Jarvis Nightly use so much cpu?
How come animated gifs only work with Jarvis nightly and not with monthly builds?

1. Older hardware can't keep up. Too much going on.
2. If you wait for the next monthly snapshot I'm sure it will be there....it was fixed in between monthly builds.
(2015-10-21, 02:05)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
How come animated gifs only work with Jarvis nightly and not with monthly builds?

This has nothing to do with hardware,sorry, as I said, I have an atom D2550 @ 1.8ghz and 4GB RAM and a Geforce 610M, Im on openelec, using nightlies (generic x64) from Milhouse, and one of my cores is constantly on 50/100% while on the skin (aeon mq6 3.0.0) menu. This makes the navigation inside the skin, sometimes, go very slow and/or "jumpy".

(2015-10-21, 00:49)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]................MQ6 2.9 and 3.0 are cpu hogs
This is true.

I get a much better performance with Confluence, or even other heavier skins besides 3.0.0 MQ6.
At this time, I guess the fact of skin not being polished enough + Jarvis (OpenElec, my case) being in Alpha stage = bananas everywhere inside the CPU cores.

I've tested other Jarvis OpenElec builds to rule out O/S (fritsch, for example), the behavior is the same.
So this has nothing to do with Jarvis, I guess. Nor it has to do with hardware either.

Because playing videos through a gigabit Synology NAS (1080p and 1080p bluray uncompressed) is just fine! CPU cores go to the normal 3-5%.

It's skin related, for the time being Sad

Old hardware....lol.

@Wanilton, post a screen of CPU information within MQ, please. Altough it's not comparable, DESKTOP VS HTPC
I have 3 hardware here, wetek with openelec, amazon fire tv first generation, and my htpc running windows, and don´t have any trouble using skin, very fast for use in all places with 3 hardwares.

I don´t know why use CPU is intense for melons2 or djhifi.

@djhifi, here for navigate with animated arts, cpu 5 - 7%, but remember I use Jarvis on my htpc, Kodi Jarvis use directx11 (more fast for render gui), and I don´t use any other skin.

windows 10 64 bits, Kodi Jarvis, MQ6 3.0.0, 8 mb RAM
Is there any lag using animated gif backgrounds on the Raspberry pi 2?
(2015-10-22, 14:40)the_bo Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any lag using animated gif backgrounds on the Raspberry pi 2?

If you get it work on Raspberry Pi 2,let me know.

Thanks!
Wanilton ........Why do night-lies work but monthly's don't?

And

Do you change the KODI program itself in your custom builds?
(2015-10-21, 03:03)djhifi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-21, 02:05)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]

This has nothing to do with hardware,sorry, as I said, I have an atom D2550 @ 1.8ghz and 4GB RAM and a Geforce 610M, Im on openelec, using nightlies (generic x64) from Milhouse, and one of my cores is constantly on 50/100% while on the skin (aeon mq6 3.0.0) menu. This makes the navigation inside the skin, sometimes, go very slow and/or "jumpy".

(2015-10-21, 00:49)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]................MQ6 2.9 and 3.0 are cpu hogs
This is true.

I get a much better performance with Confluence, or even other heavier skins besides 3.0.0 MQ6.
At this time, I guess the fact of skin not being polished enough + Jarvis (OpenElec, my case) being in Alpha stage = bananas everywhere inside the CPU cores.

I've tested other Jarvis OpenElec builds to rule out O/S (fritsch, for example), the behavior is the same.
So this has nothing to do with Jarvis, I guess. Nor it has to do with hardware either.

Because playing videos through a gigabit Synology NAS (1080p and 1080p bluray uncompressed) is just fine! CPU cores go to the normal 3-5%.

It's skin related, for the time being Sad

Old hardware....lol.

@Wanilton, post a screen of CPU information within MQ, please. Altough it's not comparable, DESKTOP VS HTPC

lol calm down, I should rephrase and say from a windows perspective as I haven't started to play with openelec yet.
I know where to put my Splash.png image for KODI's start up image. How can I get it to use a Splash.gif animation image?
I am really loving this custom stuff
Thank you!
@melons2, Kodi Jarvis don´t have support for splash in format gif animated, yet.
@djhifi

put the following into you advancedsettings.xml and reboot system

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

that might speed up the skin for you Wink
(2015-10-23, 04:27)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@melons2, Kodi Jarvis don´t have support for splash in format gif animated, yet.

Do you know if this being worked on? Also, where do I find this splash.gif file?
@HomeTheatreGuru, I don´t know if Ace have plan for integrate support animated splash.

About splash.gif file, I upload one for imgur, get here

First post updated!!!
(2015-10-23, 09:35)b0mb Wrote: [ -> ]@djhifi

put the following into you advancedsettings.xml and reboot system

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

that might speed up the skin for you Wink

Will try that. BUT, the problem is with the CPU actually im afraid. Ill post the results later.
So, I had a go at making a cinemagraph poster ....